Honda Ridgeline Interior
Auto writers love the Ridgeline’s in-cabin cargo storage options and the lockable in-bed trunk, but bemoan Honda’s heavy-handed use of cheap-feeling plastics. In addition, reviewers say taller drivers and back-seat passengers may be unhappy with the Ridgeline’s head- and legroom.
- "The interior has many minivan cues, but it's a clean, very practical design." -- Cars.com
- "Ridgeline's cabin is more than serviceable, but overuse of hard plastic trim disappoints. Assembly quality is mostly top notch. “ -- Consumer Guide
Reviewers say that the seating, headroom and legroom in the Ridgeline’s cabin are adequate for most people. But, if you’re a tall adult, you may want to look elsewhere. Reviewers mention multiple things that taller drivers may have problems with, including the lack of a telescoping steering wheel and less headroom in models with the sunroof. Additionally, the Ridgeline seats five, whereas most crew cab pickups can seat up to six.
- “The front seats are supportive and the rear split-bench seat folds up neatly to allow storage of large items in the cab." -- Cars.com
- "(Front seat) Headroom is 6-footer adequate with RTL's available sunroof, ample otherwise. Fine legroom, though taller drivers may wish for more rearward seat travel. … Good rear-seat room for two adults, three if necessary. Seat padding is a bit thin for best comfort, the cushion is rather flat, and the backrest is too upright.” -- Consumer Guide
Many Hondas come with plentiful standard features, and the Ridgeline is no exception, including far more convenience and electronic features than most base model pickups. The Ridgeline comes standard with power windows and locks, three 12-volt power outlets and steering wheel-mounted cruise control. Its standard stereo is an AM/FM/CD player that can read MP3 and WMA-formatted discs. This is impressive when compared with pickups like the Chevrolet Colorado, whose base model does not include power windows, power rearview mirrors or a CD player.
Reviewers have mixed opinions when it comes to the 2012 Honda Ridgeline’s interior. While it is roomy and offers plenty of small-item storage, most writers complain about Honda’s liberal use of cheap plastics. That’s not uncommon in this class, though.
- "Roomy and stylish interior.” -- Car and Driver
- "The instrument panel has Honda-typical gauges, which are easy to read. Controls are simple, but some radio adjustments require a stretch. Ridgeline has a steering-column-mounted transmission shift lever that has imprecise movement, which allows it to overshoot Drive from Reverse or Park.” -- Consumer Guide
- "To be sure, most cars and trucks … are 'plastic', but the Ridgeline's use of same seemingly dates back a whole generation in car and truck design. The Honda's hard plastic dash has an almost industrial look, although (to its credit) industrial use of plastic makes for generous storage bins throughout the interior.” -- Kelley Blue Book
Reviewers love all of the unique storage solutions Honda included on the Ridgeline, like its lockable in-bed cargo box and horizontally-swinging tailgate. The Ridgeline offers 2.6 cubic feet of second-row under-seat storage, but Honda has not released information about the amount of in-cab storage space otherwise. The lockable in-bed trunk offers 8.5 cubic feet of space. Reviewers say small-item storage is generous.
- “The tailgate's swing-open feature is nifty. Ditto the in-bed ‘trunk’ with 8.5 cubic feet of covered, lockable space--enough for three regular golf bags, Honda says. Useful in-cab cargo space beneath the rear seat becomes generous with the cushions flipped up. Small-item storage is ample, thanks to a large console, glovebox, and assorted handy bins.” -- Consumer Guide
- "There's a voluminous-and lockable-well beneath the bed with drain plugs that make it the perfect cooler for those backwoods bonfires.” -- Car and Driver
- "Additional utility is provided by a rear seat that will fold up and out of the way, accommodating one mountain bike or - hypothetically - two unicycles. The utility is excellent, but the design execution is more ‘utility closet.’” -- Kelley Blue Book
Next Steps: Honda Ridgeline
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Honda Ridgeline for sale (2,477 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Honda Ridgeline
- View Honda Ridgeline Photos
- See Compact Pickup Trucks rankings