2012 Honda Ridgeline Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
AIR BAGS:ON-OFF SWITCH ASSEMBLYRecall Date: 08/31/2012
- Consequence: Without the proper passenger airbag indicator, the driver and other vehicle occupants may not be informed or aware that the front passenger airbag is off and will not deploy in a crash, thereby potentially increasing the risk of injury to a front passenger seat occupant that may have chosen to sit or been seated elsewhere in the vehicle if the correct indicator had been given.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 12V432000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 17
- Summary: Honda is recalling certain model year 2012 Ridgeline vehicles manufactured on April 18, 2012. An incorrect passenger airbag status indicator may have been installed on the vehicles causing them to fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- Remedy: Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger airbag indicator free of charge. The safety recall is expected to begin on, or about, September 21, 2012. Owners may contact Honda Automobile Customer services at 1-800-999-1009.
- Notes: Honda's recall campaign number is S52. Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
TIRESRecall Date: 01/19/2012
- Consequence: AN INCORRECT LABEL COULD LEAD TO IMPROPER TIRE INFLATION WHICH COULD RESULT IN A TIRE FAILURE, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 12V025000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 206
- Summary: HONDA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011-2012, RIDGELINE VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM AUGUST 25, 2011, THROUGH NOVEMBER 29, 2011. THE SPARE TIRE INSTALLED IN AFFECTED VEHICLES MAY NOT MATCH THE INFORMATION ON THE VEHICLE?S TIRE INFORMATION PLACARD. THEREFORE, THESE VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 110, ?TIRE SELECTION AND RIMS FOR MOTOR VEHICLE.?
- Remedy: HONDA WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE SPARE TIRE AND IF NECESSARY, EXCHANGE THE SPARE TIRE ASSEMBLY OR REPLACE THE TIRE INFORMATION PLACARD FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE JANUARY 31, 2012. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HONDA AT 1-800-999-1009.
- Notes: OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
|Predicted Reliability Score
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2012 Honda Ridgeline