Hyundai Accent Review
The 2013 Hyundai Accent ranks 11 out of 40 Affordable Small Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Hyundai Accent, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2013 Hyundai Accent is ranked:
Auto writers say that the 2013 Hyundai Accent offers good fuel economy, as well as a long list of standard features and impressive interior space for its size.
The 2013 Hyundai Accent comes with a four-cylinder engine, and some test drivers note that the Accent is more powerful than competing subcompact cars. Still, some critics write that the 2013 Accent could use more power for highway merging. A six-speed manual transmission is standard, though some reviewers prefer the available six-speed automatic, which earns praise for its refined nature and prompt shifts. The EPA reports that the Accent gets 28/37 mpg city/highway with either transmission, which is pretty good for the class. While some reviewers write that the Accent lacks the agility of rivals like the Ford Fiesta and Honda Fit, others note that it’s pleasant to drive, with composed handling and a comfortable ride.
Reviewers note that the 2013 Accent offers an attractively-designed interior, especially for the price. While some test drivers say that there are too many hard plastic surfaces inside the Accent, others write that it offers a refined interior with good build quality. The Accent’s front seats offer plenty of head- and legroom, though some test drivers say that the lack of a telescoping steering wheel can make it difficult to find a comfortable driving position. Sedan and hatchback models both offer a competitive amount of cargo space for the class, and the Accent also comes with more standard features than many subcompact cars. Power windows and door locks, air conditioning and a six-speaker stereo with a USB port are standard on the base 2013 Accent. Available features include keyless entry, cruise control and Bluetooth.
- "It's not the bargain-basement transport it used to be, but Accent does offer a fine combination of room, refinement, features, and performance for the money. There is one other caveat, and it's a big one. This car does not deliver great fuel economy." -- Consumer Guide
- "With handsome styling, relatively strong performance and solid build quality, the 2013 Hyundai Accent stands tire-to-tire with the best in a competitive class." -- Edmunds
- "Fresh from its complete makeover last year, the 2013 Hyundai Accent clearly displays the Korean car manufacturer's ability to inject seductive styling and innovative technology into an affordable, fuel efficient and fun-to-drive package." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Thanks to products such as Accent, Hyundai is offering strong value for the money. Compare this car's legroom, equipment and price points to its chief competitors, and the comparison works out in Accent's favor." -- Popular Mechanics (2012)
Other Cars to Consider
If you want a more agile small car, test drive the Mazda2. Many reviewers say that precise, responsive steering makes the Mazda2 one of the best handlers in the class.
The Chevrolet Sonic is available as a sedan or a hatchback, and reviewers say that it offers great performance for the class. Additionally, the Sonic offers safety features that some small cars lack, such as standard knee air bags for the driver and front passenger.
Details: 2013 Hyundai Accent
The 2013 Hyundai Accent seats five and has front-wheel drive. A 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine and six-speed manual transmission are standard, while a six-speed automatic transmission is optional. The Accent is offered as a sedan or hatchback, and comes in three trims: GLS (sedan), GS (hatchback) and SE (hatchback). The Accent was fully redesigned in 2012, and sees few changes for the 2013 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from 2012 and 2013.
Next Steps: Hyundai Accent
- View the best prices for the 2013 Hyundai Accent
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2013 Hyundai Accent
- Search used Hyundai Accent for sale (2,668 listings)
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings