Hyundai Accent Interior
Some test drivers report that the 2015 Hyundai Accent features ample cargo space, as well as a stylish cabin with great build quality and premium materials. However, others report that the Accent’s interior design is a little bland, and that it isn’t available with many high-tech features.
- "The 2015 Hyundai Accent's 5-passenger interior layout isn't all that exciting, but it is functional." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The cabin has a friendly ambience thanks to its solid build quality, patterned upholstery, stylish dash design and tasteful materials." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "Materials quality is about average for this class, highlighted by the usual hard plastics. (Check out the related Kia Rio for a more inspired cabin.)" -- AutoTrader (2014)
Hyundai Accent Pictures
The 2015 Hyundai Accent seats five and comes standard with a tilt-only steering column. A steering wheel that tilts and telescopes is optional. Many critics report that the Accent is roomy for a subcompact car, with front and rear seats that are spacious and comfortable. However, a few say that the Accent could use more back-seat legroom, and that the base model’s lack of a telescoping steering wheel can make it difficult for taller drivers to find a comfortable seating position.
- "The Hyundai Accent's seats are comfortable and supportive, but rear-seat legroom is tight." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Although it competes with other subcompacts, the Hyundai Accent is roomier than the norm, and its interior dimensions actually place it in the EPA's 'compact' class. The spacious rear quarters offer enough headroom and legroom to allow even 6-footers to get comfortable in the outboard positions." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "The standard tilt-only steering wheel likely won't work for long-legged drivers unless they like driving with their elbows locked. With the optional telescoping column installed, the Accent becomes more viable for the lanky crowd." -- AutoTrader (2014)
The Accent comes with a six-speaker audio system, satellite radio, a USB port and keyless entry. Available features include Bluetooth, cruise control and a power sunroof.
Critics note that the 2015 Accent isn’t offered with many available tech features. However, most appreciate the Accent’s straightforward audio and climate controls.
- "Controls for audio, climate and phone connectivity are easy to locate and use. The backlit buttons and knobs are a nice touch and especially useful at night." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "We generally don't have high hopes for subcompacts in the technology department, and the Accent illustrates why. … At least the 6-speaker stereo sounds decent and includes an iPod/USB hookup. If you keep those high-tech expectations low, you'll probably find the Accent satisfying enough." -- AutoTrader (2014)
The 2015 Hyundai Accent sedan offers 13.7 cubic feet of trunk space, which is good for the class. Hatchback models also have a lot of space for the class, with 21.2 cubic feet of space behind the rear seats and 47.5 cubic feet with the back seats folded. Reviewers are impressed with the amount of cargo space that both models provide, as well as the number of small-item storage spaces in the Accent’s cabin.
- "Sedan versions of the Accent have a 13.7-cubic-foot trunk and 60/40-split folding rear seats to accommodate larger items. But the real cargo-carrying hero in this lineup is the Accent hatchback, which offers 47.5 cubic feet of capacity with the seats folded - nearly as much as a small SUV." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The roomy cabin boasts a sizable 13.2 cubic feet of cargo room. …" -- Left Lane News
- "Cargo space is also impressive, with the sedan offering a relatively large trunk with 13.7 cubic feet of capacity. The hatchback, meanwhile, provides 21.2 cubic feet of cargo volume with the rear seats up and a generous 47.5 cubic feet when they're folded down." -- Edmunds (2014)
- "There's also space to carry a lot of stuff, with cubbies and storage spaces in the doors, behind the seats and in the center console, which can move fore and aft to find the right spot for your arm." -- The Detroit News (2012)
Next Steps: Hyundai Accent
- View the best prices for the 2015 Hyundai Accent
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Hyundai Accent
- Search used Hyundai Accent for sale (4,773 listings)
- See Affordable Subcompact Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals