Hyundai Azera Review
The 2015 Hyundai Azera ranks 10 out of 10 Affordable Large Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Hyundai Azera, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Hyundai Azera has an upscale interior, according to auto writers, but they think its handling is dull and its steering imprecise compared to class rivals'.
The 2015 Azera comes with a V6 engine that test drivers find delivers sufficient power, but not especially brisk acceleration. They think the standard six-speed automatic transmission is smooth but shifts somewhat slowly. According to the EPA, the 2015 Azera gets 20/29 mpg city/highway, which is middle of the road for an affordable large car. Reviewers note that the Azera’s handling is secure, but fairly uninspiring, and that the steering feels numb. Some also say the Azera is uncomfortable over broken pavement, and they agree that several rivals offer much more engaging performance.
Automotive journalists report the 2015 Hyundai Azera has a handsome cabin that is well-designed and made of excellent-quality materials. They add that the front and rear seats are comfortable and spacious, with an abundance of head- and legroom. The Azera’s trunk space is typical for a large sedan. The 2015 Azera comes standard with an 8-inch LCD touch-screen display, navigation, a rearview camera, proximity key, a 14-speaker Infinity surround-sound audio system, Bluetooth, a USB port, HD Radio, satellite radio, leather upholstery, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, dual-zone automatic climate control and Siri Eyes Free iPhone integration. Available features include a panoramic sunroof, rear parking sensors, lane departure warning and forward collision warning. Automotive writers are impressed with the touch screen's excellent display quality and think the controls are well-organized on the center stack.
- "The 2015 Hyundai Azera brings style to a segment known for conservative design. It's also suitably luxurious and plenty spacious. But depending on your needs, some other large sedans might work out better." -- Edmunds
- "Shapely, spacious and well-equipped, the Hyundai Azera delivers the complete full-size family sedan experience along with an extra dose of style. Its driving dynamics are more Buick than BMW, but for buyers simply seeking a big, comfortable sedan with all the trimmings, the Azera fits the bill quite nicely." -- Left Lane News
- "If you're looking for a car that places performance at the top of its attributes list, Hyundai's 2015 Azera luxury sedan will probably come as a let down. While competent, the Azera doesn't move like a Chrysler 300, Ford Taurus SHO or Dodge Charger, all of which offer the option of AWD." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Don't worry, the Azera still nails big-car basics like a pillow-soft ride, light steering and a cosseting back seat. But this Hyundai clearly isn't for folks who want to stay the course. Rather, it's for those who look at other sedans and see a lack of innovation. Full of pleasant surprises, the 2014 Azera just might change the way you think about Hyundai." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Other Cars to Consider
According to test drivers, the Dodge Charger is one of the more exciting cars to drive in the class, with powerful engine options and quick acceleration. The Charger is available with all-wheel drive, and critics think it has athletic handling, with little body roll.
The Toyota Avalon has agile handling, reviewers say, with minimal body lean when cornering. They think it has a comfortable ride, a powerful V6 engine and a premium interior.
Details: 2015 Hyundai Azera
The 2015 Hyundai Azera seats five and has front-wheel drive. A 3.3-liter V6 engine and a six-speed automatic transmission are standard. The 2015 Azera comes in two trims: base and Limited. The Azera was last fully redesigned in 2012 and aside from minor updates, is largely unchanged for 2015. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2012 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Hyundai Azera
- View the best prices for the 2015 Hyundai Azera
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Hyundai Azera
- Search used Hyundai Azera for sale (1,171 listings)
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings