2008 Hyundai Azera Review
The 2008 Azera delivers solid performance, a very roomy interior, a long list of safety features and an unmatched warranty. However, many consider the handling vague, and the exterior styling bland.
The 2008 Hyundai Azera is unique in this class for its balance of features and capabilities, combined with a relatively low price. The argument for the Hyundai's large car is simple: The Azera finishes in the top half of its class in our ratings in nearly every category, is available with a ten-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty and can be bought fully-equipped for under $30,000. It's a tremendous value. U.S. News reviewer Rick Newman calls the Azera a "darn good product that undercuts the competition by a couple thousand dollars or more."
Hyundai is trying a similar tactic with its upcoming Genesis sedan. The Azera is front-wheel drive, while the Genesis sends its power to the rear wheels. The two cars occupy similar space in Hyundai's lineup for a similar price, but the Azera can be had for a slightly lower investment.
For 2008, Hyundai has cut the midlevel SE trim from the Azera lineup. Buyers now choose between a relatively well-equipped base-level GLS, and a Limited trim that adds enough luxury features to allow the Azera compete with some entry-level luxury sedans. Hyundai has also addressed some complains by retuning the Azera's suspension for 2008 to improve ride and handling. If you're interested in the Azera, the Toyota Avalon and Chrysler 300 are also worth a look.
- "A handsome larger sedan that has scads of interior room, neat LED taillights and projector-beam headlamps firmly affixed on the Toyota Avalon and Nissan Maxima." -- Road and Track
- "Azera is one of the nicer midsize sedans on the market in room, comfort and quiet. Sadly, it's also one of the best kept secrets in that segment and beyond." -- Chicago Tribune
- "If you can do without a few frills, Hyundai's Azera rides with some heady competition in the near-luxury segment, but at a much lower price." -- Forbes
- " In design and styling, in creature comforts, powertrain and in safety features, Azera offers as much or more than anything else in the class, and at a lower price." -- New Car Test Drive
- "Car buyers will soon define Azera as ‘discount luxury.' In addition to a long list of familiar basics, like 16-inch wheels, a CD player, and a dual-zone A/C system, the Azera comes standard with many niceties that often add thousands to the price of similar vehicles." -- U.S. News
- "Compared to not only its premium rivals, but also to entry level luxury sedans, it is a high quality bargain." -- Motor Week
Next Steps: Hyundai Azera
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Hyundai Azera for sale (1,331 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Hyundai Azera
- View Hyundai Azera Photos
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings