2012 Hyundai Azera Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
AIR BAGSRecall Date: 06/25/2013
- Consequence: If the occupant is incorrectly classified, in the event of a crash necessitating airbag deployment, the airbag may deploy with greater or lesser force than appropriate, resulting in an increased risk of injury.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V264000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 5,200
- Summary: Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Azera vehicles manufactured May 22, 2012, through November 23, 2012. The occupant detection system may fail to properly differentiate whether the front passenger seat occupant is an adult, a child or a child restraint seat.
- Remedy: Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will recalibrate the airbag system. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Hyundai's recall number is "Campaign 111." Owners may contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 or go to www.safercar.gov.
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2012 Hyundai Azera