2012 Hyundai Azera Recalls & Reliability
Review Last Updated: 10/9/13
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
AIR BAGSRecall Date: 06/25/2013
- Summary: Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Azera vehicles manufactured May 22, 2012, through November 23, 2012. The occupant detection system may fail to properly differentiate whether the front passenger seat occupant is an adult, a child or a child restraint seat.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 5,200
- Consequence: If the occupant is incorrectly classified, in the event of a crash necessitating airbag deployment, the airbag may deploy with greater or lesser force than appropriate, resulting in an increased risk of injury.
- Remedy: Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will recalibrate the airbag system. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Hyundai's recall number is "Campaign 111." Owners may contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 or go to www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V264000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2012 Hyundai Azera comes with a five-year/60,000-mile limited warranty, as well as five years of roadside assistance with no mileage restrictions. The Azera also carries a 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, which is the longest offered in the affordable large car class.
Next Steps: Hyundai Azera