Hyundai Azera Interior
Critics think the 2014 Hyundai Azera’s handsome styling puts it in the same league as cars from luxury brands like Acura and Lexus. However, some say that Hyundai used a lot of hard plastic materials, which they think diminish the quality of the Azera’s cabin. Reviewers agree that the Azera’s rear seats have loads of legroom and enough headroom for tall adults.
- "Especially when upgraded with the Premium Package, the 2014 Hyundai Azera's passenger cabin pretty much tops its class and even puts pressure on some well-established luxury cars." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "In some ways, the full-size Azera looks a lot like a larger version of the automaker's midsize Sonata. The interior design is similar, though the standard leather upholstery gives the cabin a definite luxury sedan vibe. The one thing that detracts from this upscale impression is the extensive use of cheap-feeling hard plastics." -- Edmunds
- "And hey, the whole dashboard looks exceptionally sharp and sophisticated. …" -- AutoTrader
- "My brain was having a hard time processing the notion that I was in an Azera and not an Acura or Lexus, but I shouldn't have been surprised: every new Hyundai model in recent years has been a quantum leap over its direct predecessor in terms of design, styling, engineering, and perceived quality, and the Azera is no exception." -- Automobile Magazine (2012)
The 2014 Hyundai Azera seats five and comes standard with power-adjustable, heated front seats and leather upholstery. Ventilated front seats, heated rear seats and a power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel are available. Reviewers agree the Azera has comfortable seats and plenty of room in both rows, adding that the rear seat has tons of legroom and adequate headroom for tall passengers.
- "The interior's principal attraction, other than the long list of standard luxury features, is its roominess. All but the very tallest adults will find plenty of head- and legroom in both the front and rear seats, and accommodating four 6-footers at once is a legitimate proposition." -- Edmunds
- "The Azera's back seat (with available seat heaters!) is one of our favorites in any car. Legroom is expansive, the bottom cushion is high and plush like a good easy chair's, and headroom is satisfactory even for tall folks, despite the Azera's sloped rear roofline." -- AutoTrader
- "Driver and passenger have more room than they'll ever need; our fully grown rear-seat occupant rode in complete comfort, even after we jacked the driver's seat all the way back in a thinly veiled attempt to shatter his ankles." -- Car and Driver (2012)
The 2014 Hyundai Azera comes standard with a 6-inch LCD display, a rearview camera, proximity key, push-button start, a six-speaker audio system, Bluetooth, a USB port, satellite radio and dual-zone automatic climate control. Available features include navigation, an 8-inch touch-screen display, a 14-speaker surround-sound Infinity audio system, rear parking sensors and a panoramic sunroof.
Test drivers note that the Azera’s controls and touch-screen system are fairly easy to use. Reviewers write that the optional Infinity sound system delivers exceptional sound quality.
- "Form has clearly trumped function on Azera's swoopy central control panel, but the various buttons are logically grouped. We suspect owners will acclimate quickly." -- AutoTrader
- "Both the standard touchscreen interface and the larger one found in the Limited model are easy to use, though some people may wish for an additional knob controller to make radio tuning or map panning easier." -- Edmunds
- "The Logic 7 system and its eight-inch subwoofer made the most of the rich details of ‘Lush Life’ by Johnny Coltrane and John Hartman. Gotta love the huge, rotating volume-control knob that sits prominently in the center stack." -- Automobile Magazine (2012)
At 16.3 cubic feet, the 2014 Hyundai Azera’s trunk size is on par for the class. However, if you need more space, consider the Chevrolet Impala, which has an 18.8 cubic-foot trunk. Test drivers are pleased with the size of the Azera’s trunk, and they say the Azera offers useful small-item storage spaces in the cabin, including the covered center bin that hides the USB port and keeps smartphones and iPods hidden.
- "We also appreciated the covered center bin that houses the USB/auxiliary audio inputs, which keeps portable music players out of sight of prying eyes. Elsewhere in the Azera, storage is similarly ample, with a large center armrest bin, cupholders and door pockets." -- Edmunds (2012)
- "The trunk, which holds a generous 16.3 cubic feet, is deep and wide but has a fairly high liftover height that older buyers might not appreciate." -- Automobile Magazine (2012)
- "Trunk volume measures a competitive 16.3 cubic feet." -- Cars.com (2012)
Next Steps: Hyundai Azera
- View the best prices for the 2014 Hyundai Azera
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Hyundai Azera
- Search used Hyundai Azera for sale (1,217 listings)
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings