Hyundai Elantra Interior
The 2014 Hyundai Elantra’s cabin is outfitted with a mix of hard plastics and soft-touch surfaces that are appropriate for an affordable small car, reviewers say. Most prefer the nicer interiors in Limited and GT models, which offer sleeker designs and upscale features like a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Test drivers say the Elantra’s seats are supportive and that all seats offer a generous amount of legroom, even in the coupe model. A few note that, however, that headroom can be tight in the rear seats. The Elantra’s gauges and dashboard controls are clearly marked and easy to decipher, they add.
- "The Elantra's gauges employ Hyundai's trademark crisp white illumination with blue trim, and an eye-catching LCD trip computer comes standard in every Elantra. Materials quality is average-plus." -- AutoTrader
- “The cabin is comfortable and features some soft-touch materials, but also uses some rather low-end plastics on the doors and switches." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Step inside the 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT and you're immediately transported into a different class of five-door hatch. The interior is bright, light and open, which is a stark contrast from nearly every other car in the segment. Like the normal Elantra, the GT's interior is well constructed with solid, responsive controls. Unlike the sedan, however, the GT's center console isn't overwrought with futuristic design." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "Still, the materials used throughout the cabin are high quality and overall fit-and-finish is good, and the main connection points between driver and car - the steering wheel, shift knob, etc. - are wrapped in leather and feel good to the touch. When it comes to the compact class, Hyundai is indeed leading the pack with its interiors." -- Autoblog (2013 GT)
The Hyundai Elantra sedan seats five and comes standard with cloth seats and a tilt and telescopic steering wheel. Leather seats are available, as are heated front and rear seats. Test drivers agree there’s ample head- and legroom up front and say there’s plenty of legroom in the back seat, regardless of which model you choose. A few note that headroom is limited in the rear, especially for tall passengers. The seats are supportive and it’s easy to find a comfortable driving position thanks to the adjustable steering column, they say.
- "The cloth seats are supportive enough but a bit squishy, while the leather-trimmed versions are Euro-firm -- a bonus for long trips. Note that the Coupe has more substantial side-bolsters in front, though the difference is subtle. Now that a tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel is standard on every Elantra, dialing in a comfortable driving position is a piece of cake." -- AutoTrader
- "In general, the Elantra offers a lot more space than you'd expect from a compact car. Headroom up front is plentiful for 6-footers and the steering wheel is a bit smaller in diameter than usual, which enhances the sense of space in the first row. The backseat is fine for kids and even most adults, though taller passengers will find its abundant legroom and shortage of headroom a mixed blessing." -- Edmunds
- "Rear legroom is adequate in the sedan and Coupe, and generous in the GT." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Coupe's sedan-size wheelbase provides rear-seat occupants plenty of legroom. Even a six-footer won't mind taking a longer trip." -- Popular Mechanics (2013)
The base 2014 Elantra sedan has a six-speaker audio system, an auxiliary jack, a USB port and satellite radio. Optional features include Bluetooth, a sunroof, a touch-screen audio display and a rearview camera. A technology package adds navigation and a larger touch-screen display, as well as a premium audio system and push-button start.
Reviewers say the Elantra’s dashboard controls are easy to locate and read and minimize driver distraction. They like that an audio system with a touch-screen display is now available on the base trim, though they prefer the even larger screen available with navigation.
- "The new 4.3-in touchscreen is a nice standard feature on fancier models, but technophiles will want the full 7-in navigation system, which gets updated software for 2014." -- AutoTrader
- "In the GT's case, the center stack controls are nicely separated by function and require little eye time away from the road to operate." -- Road and Track (2013)
- “The audio system itself is pretty good, with six speakers, 172 watts, and AM/FM/Sirius XM/CD/MP3, USB jacks, Bluetooth, and all the usual fun stuff. … It sounds on par with other members of its segment, and for most people will be just fine." -- Jalopnik (2013)
The 2014 Elantra sedan and coupe have 14.8 cubic feet of cargo space, making their trunks two of the largest in the class. The GT hatchback has 23 cubic feet of space with the rear seats in use, and 51 cubic feet of space with the rear seats folded down. Reviewers marvel at the amount of cargo space the Elantra has and are pleasantly surprised that the coupe has the same amount of space as the sedan. They like the large trunk pass-through in sedan models and the extra space available when the rear seats are folded in the hatchback.
- "Remarkably, the Coupe's trunk checks in at an identical 14.8 cu ft, which is some serious cargo space for a 2-door." -- AutoTrader
- "The Elantra sedan features a large trunk with 14.8 cubic feet of cargo room, a generous number for this segment. The 60/40-split pass-through is also quite large." -- Edmunds
- "Trunk space is laudable, and the folding rear seats in the sedan and Coupe are convenient when hauling bigger items. The GT, meanwhile, features rear seats that fold flat and is a smart pick for those who regularly haul extra gear but don't want an SUV." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The GT had an abbreviated hatch area, but what it lacked in length it made up for in depth. Storage areas and cupholders abounded throughout." -- AutoWeek (2013)
Next Steps: Hyundai Elantra
- View the best prices for the 2014 Hyundai Elantra
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Hyundai Elantra
- Search used Hyundai Elantra for sale (19,030 listings)
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings