Hyundai Genesis Coupe Review
The 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe ranks 9 out of 11 Affordable Sports Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, as well as reliability and safety data.
Automotive journalists appreciate the 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe's powerful V6 engine, but they say other sports cars have more agile handling.
The 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe's V6 engine has abundant power, critics say, but they add that the standard six-speed manual transmission is neither enjoyable to shift nor particularly precise. Test drivers suggest choosing the eight-speed automatic transmission instead, which they find slick-shifting. The 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe gets up to an EPA-estimated 16/25 mpg city/highway, which is poor for the class. Critics say the Genesis Coupe has a composed ride and handling that’s fairly poised. However, they point out that rivals like the Scion FR-S and Nissan 370Z are more athletic overall. The Genesis Coupe R-Spec and Ultimate trims have track-tuned suspensions and bigger brakes, and test drivers say they offer sharper handling than the base model, but with a less comfortable ride.
The 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe’s cabin styling is handsome, according to reviewers. Most say the Coupe appears well-constructed compared with other affordable sports cars, despite a few pieces of inexpensive plastic trim. Test drivers find the front seats supportive. Standard features in the 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe include Bluetooth, automatic climate control, push-button start, a USB port and satellite radio. Available features include leather upholstery, heated front seats, a power-adjustable driver’s seat, a 7-inch touch-screen navigation system, a sunroof and a 10-speaker Infinity audio system. Reviewers note that the optional navigation system is user-friendly. However, some complain that the available stereo systems have poor sound quality, and that using them to control an iPod can be difficult.
- "Hyundai's Genesis Coupe enters 2015 with some major updates, making it highly desirable for those looking to spend as little as possible to get the power and performance of some higher-end coupes. When it comes down to pure performance, however, the Genesis Coupe is quick to get to the dance floor but doesn't have the moves to dazzle the crowd." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe faces stiff competition, but it's still an attractively priced sport coupe with plenty of performance." -- Edmunds
- "A combination of good looks, solid underpinnings, and respectable dynamics has given Hyundai a modest presence in an arena one wholly owned by domestic cars, the Ford Mustang in particular." -- Popular Mechanics (2013)
Hyundai Genesis Coupe Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
The Nissan 370Z has a powerful standard V6, and critics like its slick manual transmission, which includes a rev-matching feature for easy downshifts. The 370Z’s athletic handling also appeals to auto writers, as do its user-friendly cabin controls.
The Scion FR-S uses less fuel than the Genesis Coupe, and test drivers agree that razor-sharp handling makes it incredibly fun to drive. Critics also say the FR-S has comfortable front seats that are exceptionally supportive during hard cornering.
Details: 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
The 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe seats four and comes in base, R-Spec and Ultimate trims. The Genesis Coupe comes with a 3.8-liter V6 engine, a six-speed manual transmission and rear-wheel drive. An eight-speed automatic transmission is available. The Hyundai Genesis Coupe received a substantial refresh for the 2013 model year, but has not been fully redesigned since its debut in 2010. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2010 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Hyundai Genesis Coupe
- View the best prices for the 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
- Search used Hyundai Genesis Coupe for sale (None listings)
- See Affordable Sports Cars rankings