Hyundai Genesis Coupe Interior
The 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe’s eye-catching interior design appeals to critics, and they like its supportive front seats. However, some complain that a few cheap-looking plastic trim pieces detract from its otherwise satisfactory build quality.
- "For 2015, the Genesis Coupe's interior carries over largely unchanged, with a handsome dash and seat setup and cool electroluminescent gauges. Unfortunately, the dash and console still employ some outdated-looking plastic bits." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Generally speaking, the passenger cabin sports an attractive design and decent-quality materials, though a smattering of rudimentary plastics and the center stack's tacky auxiliary gauge trio remind you that this isn't a 2 Series." -- Edmunds
- "The Genesis Coupe offers an elegant cockpit with room for up to four passengers." -- Left Lane News
- "Materials quality remains just average despite the presence of premium stitching; it's good enough to compete with a Camaro, for example, but feels a bit low-rent compared to a BMW." -- AutoTrader (2014)
The 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe seats four and comes standard with cloth upholstery. Available features include leather upholstery, heated front seats and a power-adjustable driver’s seat. Most test drivers report that the Genesis Coupe’s front seats are very supportive, comfortable on long trips and roomy for all but the tallest occupants. As with most sports cars, automotive journalists say the rear seats don’t have enough leg- or headroom for adults and are best left to kids or cargo.
- "As a bonus, the front seats are also comfortable enough to make the Genesis Coupe a great road trip companion. The opposite is true for the two tiny rear seats, however, with their scarce head- and legroom limiting their usefulness to transporting the occasional small child -- or serving as a cargo shelf." -- Edmunds
- "The Genesis Coupe's front seats provide strong lateral support and just the right mix of support and squish for long hauls." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "Running the driver's seat through the full gamut of positions reveals plenty of leg, hip, and shoulder room, but people much more than six-foot-three are going to become intimately acquainted with the headliner." -- Car and Driver (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe include automatic climate control, Bluetooth, proximity key, push-button start, automatic headlights and a six-speaker audio system with a USB port, satellite radio and a CD player. Available features include a sunroof, a 10-speaker Infinity audio system, HD Radio and a 7-inch touch-screen navigation system.
Auto writers say the Genesis Coupe’s controls are clearly labeled, and they appreciate its intuitive touch-screen navigation system. They also like the Genesis Coupe’s attractive, easy-to-read gauges. However, some complain that controlling an iPod can be difficult, and that both of the available stereos have poor sound quality.
- "The instrument cluster is made up of two easy-to-read analog gauges, and the bulk of the coupe's controls are ergonomically laid out in the center console." -- Left Lane News
- "Most controls are clearly marked and well-placed, and the available navigation system's 7-inch touchscreen is user-friendly, if graphically underwhelming. We aren't fond of the clunky standard iPod interface, or the underwhelming sound quality from both the standard audio system and the Ultimate model's premium 10-speaker Infinity setup." -- Edmunds
- "Controls are still easy to find and manipulate, but designers have thrown in a welcome sporty touch with the addition of three analog gauges." -- Autoblog (2013)
The 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe has split-folding rear seats and 10 cubic feet of cargo space, which is about average for an affordable sports car.
- "The trunk offers an adequate 10 cubic feet of cargo space that can be expanded by folding down the rear seatbacks." -- Edmunds
Next Steps: Hyundai Genesis Coupe
- View the best prices for the 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
- Search used Hyundai Genesis Coupe for sale (None listings)
- See Affordable Sports Cars rankings