2014 Hyundai Genesis Interior
Reviewers say that the interior of the 2014 Hyundai Genesis rivals what you’ll find in cars from well-established luxury brands like Lexus. They credit the cabin’s solid construction and Hyundai’s use of high-quality materials, as well as comfortable and spacious front and rear seats and well-placed audio and climate controls.
- "The interior of the 2014 Hyundai Genesis sedan is exceptionally well done. The quality of materials and execution of design are better than in some premium brands." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Genesis' overall interior ambiance belies its pricing, comparing well to vehicles that cost much more. In most versions, the dash and door panels are wrapped in padded leather. Other padded surfaces and good quality materials abound." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "If not for the sweeping ‘H’ logo on the steering wheel of the Genesis, most people would think they're driving a Lexus. This is especially true of the fully loaded model, which offers a full complement of modern comforts and conveniences wrapped in interior materials that feel rich and well-built." -- Edmunds (2013)
The 2014 Hyundai Genesis seats five and comes standard with leather upholstery and power-adjustable, heated front seats. Available features include a ventilated driver’s seat, heated rear seats, upgraded leather and a heated steering wheel. Reviewers say the 2014 Genesis’ front seats provide plenty of comfort for longer drives, and most agree that the rear seats offer plenty of head-, hip- and legroom.
- "Leather-covered front seats are heated (and, for the driver, cooled), and the rear seat has abundant room for passengers' legs, hips and heads." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Seats are comfortable and soft." -- Consumer Guide (2013 front seats)
- "Befitting a luxury touring car, the Genesis front seats provide plenty of driver and passenger comfort even on longer trips. The same can be said of the rear seats, which offer optional heaters, in addition to the ample head- and legroom." -- Edmunds (2013)
The 2014 Hyundai Genesis comes with dual-zone automatic climate control, push-button start, Bluetooth, satellite radio, a USB port and a seven-speaker audio system. Available features include a sunroof, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, navigation, a rearview camera and 14- or 17-speaker Lexicon sound systems. Hyundai’s Assurance Connected Care telematics system is also available, which can automatically connect you with help in the event of an accident or other emergency, and send you notifications when the vehicle is due for maintenance.
Reviewers say the Hyundai Genesis has large, easy-to-read gauges and well-placed audio and climate controls that are easy to use. They agree that the optional Lexicon audio systems deliver excellent sound quality, though some think that the optional navigation system’s console-mounted control knob can be difficult to use.
- "Hyundai emulated BMW and Audi with its console-mounted joystick to control the navigation and audio functions, and while the placement is convenient, its operation is not always intuitive. (Hyundai emulated that too.)" -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The gauges are big and easy to see. Audio and climate controls in the base 3.8 are within easy reach." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The multi-speaker Lexicon sound systems are also very impressive, and the 17-speaker version is one of the best systems in any car at any price." -- Edmunds (2013)
The 2014 Genesis has 15.9 cubic feet of trunk space, which is more room than what most cars in the class offer, and reviewers are pleased with the amount of available space. Still, some test drivers note that the Genesis doesn’t have a lot of small-item storage space in the cabin.
- -"A small center console and average-size glovebox are the only interior storage bins." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "The rear seats don't fold down for additional cargo space, but a pass-through feature accommodates longer items that won't fit in the 15.9-cubic-foot trunk." -- Edmunds (2013)
- "The trunk is large, with a low liftover and sheathed hinges, but the interior grab handle for pulling the lid closed is mounted too far inward, making it awkward to use." -- Automobile Magazine (2009)
Next Steps: Hyundai Genesis
- View the best prices for the 2014 Hyundai Genesis
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Hyundai Genesis
- Search used Hyundai Genesis for sale (6,677 listings)
- See Luxury Large Cars rankings