2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Recalls & Reliability
There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
EXTERIOR LIGHTING , SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULICRecall Date: 04/01/2013
- Consequence: Failure to illuminate the stop lamps during braking or inability to disengage the cruise control could increase the risk of a crash. Additionally, when the ignition is in the 'ON' position, the transmission shifter may be able to be moved out of Park without first applying the brake. This may lead to unintentional movement of the car which may increase the risk of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V113000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 1,059,824
- Summary: Hyundai Motor Company (Hyundai) is recalling certain model year 2007-2009 Accent and Tucson, model year 2007-2010 Elantra, model year 2007-2011 Santa Fe, model year 2008-2009 Veracruz, model year 2010-2011 Genesis Coupe, and model year 2011 Sonata vehicles. The stop lamp switch in the affected vehicles may malfunction. A malfunctioning stop lamp switch may cause the brake lights to not illuminate when the brake pedal is depressed or may cause an inability to deactivate the cruise control by depressing the brake pedal. Additionally, a malfunctioning stop lamp switch may also result in intermittent operation of the push-button start feature, affect the operation of the brake-transmission shift interlock feature, preventing the shifter from being moved out of the PARK position and cause the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) malfunction light to illuminate.
- Remedy: Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the stop lamp switch, free of charge. The safety recall began on April 22, 2013. Owners may contact Hyundai at 1-800-633-5151. Hyundai's recall campaign number is 110.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
EQUIPMENTRecall Date: 09/30/2011
- Consequence: WITHOUT THE CIRCUIT PROTECTION, THE MODULE CAN OVERHEAT POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A FIRE.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 11E040000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 2,254
- Summary: CURT MANUFACTURING IS RECALLING CERTAIN TOW PACKAGE WIRING HARNESSES, PART NUMBER 55538, THAT CONNECT TOW VEHICLE LIGHTING CIRCUITS TO TRAILER LIGHTING CIRCUITS SOLD FOR USE ON CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2009 THROUGH 2011 HYUNDAI SANTA FE VEHICLES. THE UNITS ARE NOT WATER-TIGHT AND MOISTURE CAN SEEP INTO THE CONVERTER MODULE AND DEFEAT THE MODULE'S INTERNAL CIRCUIT PROTECTION.
- Remedy: CURT MANUFACTURING WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REPLACE THE TOW PACKAGE WIRING HARNESS. THE REMEDY WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING OCTOBER 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CURT MANUFACTURING AT 1-715 831-8713.
- Notes: THIS RECALL ONLY PERTAINS TO OWNERS THAT PURCHASED A CURT MFG TOWING PACKAGE AS AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT CURT MFG AND NOT THEIR VEHICLE DEALER TO OBTAIN THE REPLACEMENT WIRING HARNESS. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTS:DISC:CALIPERRecall Date: 12/29/2010
- Consequence: AS A RESULT, BRAKE FLUID WILL LEAK, FOLLOWED BY ILLUMINATION OF THE MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT INDICATING THE BRAKE FLUID LEVEL IS LOW AND SHOULD BE CHECKED, THEN A SOFT OR SPONGY BRAKE PEDAL FEEL, AND IF NOT SERVICED, REDUCED BRAKING POWER WHICH COULD INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 10V613000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 1,783
- Summary: HYUNDAI IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 SANTA FE VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM SEPTEMBER 28, 2010, THROUGH NOVEMBER 25, 2010. SOME OF THE REAR BRAKE CALIPERS MAY NOT HAVE BEEN PROPERLY MACHINED.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE REAR CALIPERS AND REPLACE IT IF NECESSARY FREE OF CHARGE. THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED AN OWNER NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HYUNDAI ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE AT 1-800-243-7766.
- Notes: HYUNDAI SAFETY RECALL NO. 098. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe