Hyundai Santa Fe Review
The 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe ranks 4 out of 12 Affordable Midsize SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Hyundai Santa Fe, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe is ranked:
The 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe impresses critics with its premium materials, clear-cut cabin controls and powerful engines in both the two- and three-row trims.
With the best combination of positive reviews and long-term ownership costs in its class, the Hyundai Santa Fe is our 2015 Best 3-Row SUV for the Money.
The 2015 Santa Fe Sport's base four-cylinder engine produces decent punch, test drivers say, and the available turbocharged four-cylinder engine delivers spirited acceleration. At an EPA-estimated 20/27 mpg city/highway, the Santa Fe Sport's fuel economy is in line with rival two-row, four-cylinder SUVs. A V6 engine comes in the three-row Hyundai Santa Fe and provides powerful acceleration, reviewers say. The V6-powered Santa Fe gets an EPA-estimated 18/25 mpg, which is decent for a three-row SUV. Both models come with an automatic transmission that reviewers praise for its responsiveness and smooth shifts. Some reviewers say the Santa Fe Sport has nimble handling, but others think it is more tuned for comfort. A number of critics comment that the three-row Santa Fe rides a bit too stiffly, especially when loaded with passengers.
Critics find the 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe's interior is made with top-tier materials and has a center stack that features controls arranged in an easy-to-understand layout. Forward visibility from the front seats is exceptional, automotive journalists say, and they find the second row spacious. The third row is undersized, auto writers say, and more appropriate for children, which is a common complaint for the class. The Santa Fe Sport has good overall cargo space among two-row SUVs, though the three-row Santa Fe's cargo space is on the low end of the class. Bluetooth and a USB port are standard, and the three-row model also comes standard with a rearview camera and a 4.3-inch touch-screen display, which is optional on the Santa Fe Sport. Other options include a 12-speaker Infinity audio system, dual-zone automatic climate control, rear parking sensors, blind spot monitoring and navigation with an 8-inch touch screen. According to test drivers, the touch-screen audio system has logical menus and is easy to use.
- "Competitively priced and with an unbeatable standard warranty, Hyundai's 2015 Santa Fe SUV continues to improve on a value story that has become a dream come true for consumers and a nightmare for the competition." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Whether in 5-passenger Santa Fe Sport or 7-passenger Santa Fe form, Hyundai's midsize SUV delivers a quiet, comfortable, nicely appointed cabin and the all-around versatility that SUV buyers need." -- Consumer Guide
- "Hyundai ranks at or near the front of the crowded crossover SUV market with the Santa Fe Sport, the two-row/five-passenger version, and the larger three-row Santa Fe, which seats seven in the GLS or six in the Limited. The Santa Fe won our $40,000 SUV Challenge, and the Sport impresses with its style and performance." -- Cars.com
- "The automotive world doesn't get much more competitive than the compact crossover class, but even amid impressive rivals, Hyundai's recently redesigned Santa Fe Sport stands out." -- Left Lane News
Hyundai Santa Fe Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
Reviewers like the three-row Toyota Highlander's comfortable, quiet ride and powerful optional V6 engine. The Highlander has a bit more cargo space, and critics like its high-quality cabin materials.
Like the Santa Fe Sport, the two-row Ford Escape is available with a hands-free power liftgate that reviewers say is helpful when your hands are full. Test drivers like the Escape's peppy turbocharged engine options and the cabin's first-rate fit and finish.
Details: 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
The 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe is available in two models. The two-row Santa Fe Sport seats five and is available with either a 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine or a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. The three-row Santa Fe seats up to seven and has a 3.3-liter V6 engine. A six-speed automatic transmission is standard on both models. The Santa Fe Sport is available in base and 2.0T trims, while the three-row Santa Fe is offered in GLS and Limited trims. The Santa Fe was redesigned for the 2013 model year and carries into 2015 largely unchanged. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2013 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Hyundai Santa Fe
- View the best prices for the 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Search used Hyundai Santa Fe for sale (8,144 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals