Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Interior
Most reviewers think the 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has a sleek interior design with quality materials and user-friendly dashboard controls. The Sonata Hybrid has a smaller trunk than most affordable midsize cars because of its battery, but other hybrid sedans have comparably sized trunks.
- "The 2015 Sonata Hybrid's cabin may not be Hyundai's freshest design, but it's still plenty stylish, with respectable materials quality and straightforward, intuitive controls." -- Edmunds
- "Like its dynamic exterior, the 2014 Hyundai Sonata's interior is a work of art. Following the exterior design theme, the Sonata's interior is a mix of bold shapes, smooth finishes and lots of attractive blue backlighting." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "The stylized dashboard features mostly good-quality materials; in fact, the Sonata is above average in this regard." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "Overall, the cabin is pleasing and well assembled. Lightly padded surfaces and hard plastics are used; many look and feel above average for the class, but there are some panels that fall short. The cloth seats have a nicely patterned and textured surface. The interior consists of attractive contrasting colors and faux-metal trim." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid seats five and comes standard with cloth upholstery and heated front seats. Available features include leather upholstery and an eight-way power-adjustable driver seat. Auto writers report that the Sonata Hybrid's front seats are nicely padded, though some think they could use more thigh support. Some also say the front seats could do a better job holding you in place during cornering. Critics report that while taller passengers may want more room in the rear seat, most adults will be comfortable.
- "The Sonata Hybrid's front seats are nicely shaped and well-padded for long journeys. If there's one aspect we'd change, it's the bottom cushions, which are too short to provide full thigh support for longer-legged occupants. The backseat offers plenty of space for two adults unless they're tall, in which case headroom may be inadequate." -- Edmunds
- "From a comfort standpoint, our Limited trim level's seats were very comfortable, and all but the tallest test drivers found the rear-seat headroom and legroom to be exceptional." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "In our interior evaluation, we were reminded that Hyundai seats tend to be soft, and that tradition continues with the Sonata's front chairs, regardless of upholstery. We appreciate the long-distance cruising comfort they provide, though, even if lateral support for sporting maneuvers is lacking." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "Six-footers will find headroom and legroom are sufficient, even with the front seats pushed far back." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid include a rearview camera, dual-zone automatic climate control, push-button start and a 4.3-inch touch-screen infotainment system with Bluetooth, satellite and HD Radio, USB and auxiliary audio inputs and a six-speaker audio system. Available features include a panoramic sunroof, a nine-speaker Infinity audio system and navigation with a 7-inch touch screen.
The 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has straightforward audio and climate controls, according to auto writers. The Sonata Hybrid's gauge cluster includes an LCD screen that displays fuel efficiency information, and reviewers think it's useful, though some argue that it's not as detailed or easy to read as the displays in rival hybrids like the Ford Fusion Hybrid.
- "The slick-looking gauge cluster is unique to the Sonata Hybrid and includes a separate LCD display designed to promote a fuel-efficient driving style." -- Edmunds
- "The central controls are a generally ergonomic mix of buttons and knobs, with the unusual addition of a Volvo-inspired human figure that you press to change the airflow setting." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "In general, Sonata's controls are simple to use and easy to reach. Though most basic audio settings are controlled with buttons on the steering wheel or center of the dashboard, the available navigation system absorbs some audio functions. The gauges and other displays are easy to see and read at a glance. The Hybrid includes additional readouts for its gas/electric powertrain; though helpful, they're not as handy or intuitive as the displays in competing hybrids such as Ford's Fusion." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "A hybrid-system indicator provides feedback as to how deeply the driver is drawing electric power, and a central energy monitor illustrates the interplay between engine and battery. It's a rather perfunctory feedback display, not so elaborate as some, but enough to allow the interested driver to follow along as the computer actively matches power supply to demand." -- Popular Mechanics (2011)
The 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has 12.1 cubic feet of trunk space, which is typical for a hybrid sedan but low for the affordable midsize car class as a whole. The Sonata Hybrid has a center rear-seat pass-through for long items, but its rear seats do not fold down. Some test drivers note that the Sonata Hybrid has useful storage areas throughout the cabin.
- "All hybrid sedans sacrifice trunk capacity due to intrusion from the battery pack, and the Sonata Hybrid is no exception, providing a modest 12.1 cubic feet. That's a 20-25 percent drop from conventional family sedans, but roughly par for the course in this class." --Edmunds
- "Interior small-item storage is good. A covered bin at the bottom of the central control panel is a thoughtful touch, and the open bin forward of the shifter contains the auxiliary stereo and USB ports and two power outlets." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
- Search used Hyundai Sonata Hybrid for sale (None listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings