Hyundai Tucson Review
The 2015 Hyundai Tucson ranks 14 out of 24 Affordable Compact SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Hyundai Tucson, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Hyundai Tucson is ranked:
Test drivers report that the Hyundai Tucson offers nimble handling and a handsome cabin, but they say its base engine is underpowered, and that many rivals have larger cargo holds.
The 2015 Hyundai Tucson is powered by a four-cylinder engine that disappoints reviewers who say it's underpowered and noisy. Many suggest the larger, more powerful four-cylinder engine, which offers quicker acceleration for highway passing. The base Hyundai Tucson gets an EPA-estimated 23/29 mpg city/highway. That's average for the class, though competitors like the Mazda CX-5 and Buick Encore earn much better estimates. Reviewers are impressed with the Tucson's easy maneuverability and tight turning radius, which most say reminds them of the car-like handling of a small car. They mention that the Tucson offers athletic handling, though some also write that the 2015 Tucson has a firmer ride than what you get with some competitors. Still, some critics think the Tucson manages to remain comfortable over most roads.
Test drivers praise the 2015 Hyundai Tucson's handsome cabin styling and first-rate materials. Reviewers say front-seat passengers will be comfortable, but report that the Tucson's rear seats are cramped and its small windows limit rearward visibility for drivers. The 2015 Tucson's cargo capacity is also notably lower than that of many SUVs in the class. Standard features in the 2015 Tucson include Bluetooth and a USB port. Options include a rearview camera, navigation, a panoramic sunroof, proximity key, push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control and a touch-screen audio system. Reviewers say the Tucson's interior controls are straightforward and they like the available navigation system for its ease of use.
- "The 2015 Hyundai Tucson serves up a satisfying blend of fashion, features and maneuverability, but other rival small crossovers can do that, while providing superior versatility and a more enjoyable driving experience." -- Edmunds
- "The 2015 Hyundai Tucson compact crossover SUV gives established players like the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4 and Ford Escape a solid run for their money in style, technology and fuel economy." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Hyundai Tucson is a compact crossover that delivers stylish sheetmetal and composed handling. Limited cargo space and rear seat room mean that some buyers might be better served by a larger rival - or Hyundai's own Santa Fe Sport - but those simply searching for a dapper all-weather runabout will likely find it a solid choice." -- Left Lane News
- "Overall, the Tucson remains one of the most pleasant crossovers at this price. It's up to date in almost every respect, and its manageable size makes it an enticing alternative to larger rivals." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Other SUVs to Consider
According to reviewers, the Chevrolet Equinox offers a comfortable ride and strong, smooth brakes. Test drivers also like the Equinox’s powerful available V6 engine and its roomy front and rear seats.
The Subaru Forester has much more overall cargo space than the Tucson. Reviewers also praise its roomy, comfortable front and rear seats. The base Forester earns better fuel economy estimates than the Tucson when equipped with a continuously variable transmission (CVT), and test drivers say that the Forester’s available turbocharged engine has plenty of power.
Details: 2015 Hyundai Tucson
The five-seat 2015 Hyundai Tucson comes standard with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. A 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine and all-wheel drive are available. The Tucson comes in three trims: GLS, SE and Limited. The Tucson was redesigned in 2010 and is mostly unchanged for the 2015 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2012 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Hyundai Tucson
- View the best prices for the 2015 Hyundai Tucson
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Hyundai Tucson
- Search used Hyundai Tucson for sale (4,261 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings