2009 Hyundai Tucson Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
The 2009 Hyundai Tucson's interior receives favorable reviews for its roomy and generally comfortable seats. On the downside, reviewers complain about some cheap-looking materials.
- "Interior fit and finish is certainly not bottom rung." -- Car and Driver
- "Inconsistent quality of the interior materials is another area that needs improvement." -- Edmunds
Reviewers find the Tucson's interior roomy for four passengers, although cramped for five.
- "The [rear] seat is comfortable, but the seatback is a little too firm. Legroom is good and becomes tight only for taller passengers with the front seats far back. Some testers complained of tight foot space." -- Consumer Guide
- "The roomy interior offers plenty of adult legroom front and back, though models equipped with a sunroof cut down on rear headroom." -- Car Gurus
- "The seats are quite supportive and reasonably comfortable." -- Cars.com
- "The Tucson's structure, based on a modified platform of the Hyundai Elantra car, puts seats in a comfortable position -- low enough so someone my size -- 5 feet 4 -- doesn't have to climb up to get inside and high enough to provide good views out of the vehicle." -- MSN
The 2009 Hyundai Tucson comes loaded with standard features many wouldn't expect for a value-priced compact SUV.
- "The gauges are unobstructed and clearly marked. All controls are grouped conveniently in the easy-to-reach center dashboard stack, though the low-mounted climate control panel can divert the driver's eyes from the road." -- Consumer Guide
- "This year's new navigation system has a display screen smaller than that of most other factory systems -- it's more the size of a portable navigation system -- but it's still an inexpensive way to get a built-in system." -- Edmunds
According to various reviews, cargo space in the 2009 Tucson is slightly below average for its class.
- "There is poor in-cabin storage space." -- Consumer Guide