Hyundai Tucson Interior
The 2015 Hyundai Tucson impresses test drivers with its stylish cabin and top-notch materials. They say that the Tucson’s dashboard buttons are clearly labeled and easy to reach and operate, and that the available 7-inch touch-screen navigation system is easy to use. They like the Hyundai Tucson’s spacious front seats, but they say that the back seats are cramped. The Tucson also has less cargo space than many competing compact SUVs.
- "The interior is likewise more attractive than the norm, and upgraded materials as part of this year's refresh give it a more upmarket feel." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2015 Hyundai Tucson has an unusually stylish cabin, highlighted by a sleek dashboard that complements the exterior's striking lines." -- Edmunds
- "The dashboard and interior panels, although mainly hard plastic, are nicely textured." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "Tucson features a refined cabin. The GLS is trimmed with soft-touch materials and brushed-chrome pieces. The seats are upholstered in a cloth/vinyl material that is rich and convincing; patterned-cloth seat inserts add some personality to the interior." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Hyundai Tucson Pictures
The 2015 Hyundai Tucson seats five and comes with reclining second-row seats. A leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather seats, heated front seats and an eight-way power-adjustable driver seat are available. According to automotive writers, the Tucson has plenty of space for those in the front row. However, they report that the Tucson’s back seat is cramped, and that small windows limit rearward visibility. A few also note that the Tucson’s cabin can be noisy.
- "The nicely shaped driver's seat is almost as supportive as it looks, but despite the reclining seatbacks, rear-seat passengers might find the low seat cushion height, sloping roof and small windows claustrophobic." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Unfortunately, the Tucson's outward visibility is compromised by its organic pinched-at-the-edges side windows and relatively small rear glass." -- Edmunds
- "Though there's plenty of space up front, the rear seats are on the small side and lacks the expected reclining and fore-aft sliding capabilities." -- Left Lane News
- "Road noise can be an issue, however. There are definitely quieter crossovers in this class." -- AutoTrader (2014)
The 2015 Hyundai Tucson comes equipped with Bluetooth and a USB port. Options include a rearview camera, a panoramic sunroof, proximity key, push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control, a 4.3-inch touch-screen audio system and 7-inch touch-screen display with navigation.
Automotive writers agree that the 2015 Tucson’s controls are easy to use, clearly labeled and within reach of drivers. They also like the navigation system’s large, 7-inch touch screen. The Tucson earns praise for its straightforward navigation and climate controls. However, some complain that the available 4.3-inch touch screen can be a bit hard to see.
- "The dashboard controls are generally clearly labeled and simple to use, especially with the optional 7-inch high-resolution touchscreen interface. The default 4.3-inch touchscreen on the SE and Limited is less impressive, but still a nice bit of standard technology at this modest price point." -- Edmunds
- "All the interior's controls are easy to reach and use, and the upscale feel of the beveled window switches is especially nice." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The climate-control dials are big and placed logically. The standard audio deck is very convenient to use. Tucson's navigation system has a large touchscreen that is clear to see and easy to use." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2015 Tucson has 25.7 cubic feet of cargo space with the rear seats up and 55.8 cubic feet of space with them folded. That’s a lot less overall cargo space than what’s offered by many class rivals. For example, the Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue and Subaru Forester all have 70 or more cubic feet of cargo room. Still, a few reviewers say the Tucson has a good amount of interior small-item storage space.
- "… the Tucson has less cargo space than pretty much all of the segment leaders." -- Edmunds
- "Tucson's rear seat backs fold almost flat, though we'd like some sort of under-floor storage. Small-items storage space in the cabin is generous. …" -- Consumer Guide (2013)
- "… its cargo volume (25.7 cu ft) is smaller than many of its competitors." -- Motor Trend (2012)
Next Steps: Hyundai Tucson
- View the best prices for the 2015 Hyundai Tucson
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Hyundai Tucson
- Search used Hyundai Tucson for sale (4,261 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals