Hyundai Veloster Interior
The 2013 Hyundai Veloster earns praise for its modern cabin design, which features attractive plastics and some soft-touch materials. Still, some critics say that the Veloster’s sporty exterior styling comes at the expense of passenger space, particularly in the back seat.
- "Veloster's cabin materials are class-competitive. Most interior-plastic surfaces are nicely grained or painted. The door armrests and center-console lid are padded." -- Consumer Guide
- "Up front, the cabin boasts a youthful and modern design that never seems cute or gimmicky. The splashes of blue trim included with the Turbo are a nice touch." -- Edmunds
- "Overall, materials and switchgear are class appropriate or better and fit-and-finish is excellent." -- Autoblog (2012)
- "In fact, the whole interior shames cars that cost thousands - if not tens of thousands - more. Volkswagen and Nissan could learn a lot from the Koreans about the proper application of hard plastics." -- Jalopnik (2012)
Reviewers say that the front seats of the 2013 Veloster are comfortable, though a few test drivers write that the back seat isn’t as spacious as they would like. Still, one auto writer comments that the Veloster’s second row is still more useable than cars like the Fiat 500, Mini Cooper and Volkswagen Beetle. The base Veloster seats four and comes with cloth upholstery. Leather-trimmed cloth sport seats are optional. The Veloster Turbo comes with leather seats, a power-adjustable driver’s seat and heated front seats.
- "The sharply raked roofline excerbates the problem of mediocre rear seat space. I would wager that a Scion tC has better rear seat room than this." -- Consumer Guide
- "Its backseat does sacrifice room for fashion, but it can still fit two people more easily than other ‘different’ hatchbacks like the Fiat 500, Mini Cooper or VW Beetle." -- Edmunds
- "We had no real issues fitting into the Veloster's cabin, and that third door no doubt comes in handy for back-seaters." -- Motor Trend (Veloster Turbo)
- "The sport bucket seats are attractive and supportive, delivering plenty of bolster and back support for your author's six-foot, two-inch 190-pound frame." -- Autoblog (Veloster Turbo)
The 2013 Hyundai Veloster comes standard with a six-speaker stereo that includes Bluetooth and USB connectivity, satellite radio and a 7-inch touch-screen display. Optional features include a sunroof, push-button start, navigation, a backup camera and a premium stereo system.
One reviewer also comments that the Veloster’s optional stereo system delivers exceptional sound quality, but opinions vary on the Veloster’s other electronic features. While one critic says that the Veloster offers user-friendly controls and an intuitive infotainment system, another writes that adjusting some settings can be complicated with the touch-screen display.
- "Every Veloster comes standard with a 7-inch touchscreen, which absorbs most audio and infotainment adjustments. The climate controls are separate. Some menus, such as those for general setup adjustments, can be complicated." -- Consumer Guide
- "In terms of functionality, the Veloster's controls are presented in the sensible way we expect from Hyundai, including even those in the standard touchscreen interface." -- Edmunds
- "Meanwhile, the optional Dimension audio system sounds excellent." -- Jalopnik (2012)
Reviewers say that the 2013 Veloster has a spacious cargo hold, though one test driver comments that the hatch’s liftover height is high. There’s 15.5 cubic feet of cargo space, which expands if you fold down the Veloster’s 60/40 split-folding rear seats.
- "Veloster's hatchback design makes for better-than-average storage space for a sporty car. The cargo area is deep and wide, and the rear seat backs fold nearly flat." -- Consumer Guide
- "The deep trunk holds 15.5 cubic feet under that hatch." -- Edmunds
- "Negotiate the trunk's high liftover height, and there's even a surprisingly generous 15.5 cubic-feet of cargo space. How the hell did they cram all that in such a tiny footprint?" -- Autoblog (2012)
Next Steps: Hyundai Veloster
Get the U.S. News Best Price for the Hyundai Veloster
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Hyundai Veloster for sale (2,247 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Hyundai Veloster
- See what others paid for the 2013 Hyundai Veloster
- View Hyundai Veloster Photos
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings