Infiniti EX Performance
Reviewers say that the 2013 Infiniti EX’s standard V6 engine is powerful for the class, and think its standard automatic transmission is responsive and compliments the engine. Test drivers also like the EX’s car-like handling, comfortable ride quality, strong brakes and tight, accurate steering.
- "The 2013 Infiniti EX37 rides and handles very much like the G37 sedan from which it's derived, and that's a highly commendable trait. The EX37's new 3.7-liter V6 engine has huge power reserves masterfully controlled by an excellent 7-speed automatic transmission, while its taut suspension makes it one of the most fun-to-drive SUVs we've tested." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The … Infiniti EX is built on the same platform as Infiniti's sporty G Sedan, and this means the EX is a cut above most other compact luxury crossovers when it comes to the way it drives." -- Edmunds (2012)
Acceleration and Power
All 2013 Infiniti EX models have standard rear-wheel drive and a 3.7-liter, V6 engine that makes 325 horsepower. A seven-speed automatic transmission is standard, and all-wheel drive is optional.According to the EPA, the EX averages 17/25 mpg city/highway with rear-wheel drive, which is low for the class. With all-wheel drive, the EX yields 17/24 mpg.
Few members of the automotive press have evaluated the EX’s 3.7-liter engine, which is new for the 2013 model year. Kelly Blue Book has tested this engine, and says it is strong and delivers good acceleration. The automatic transmission hasn’t changed, and in earlier reviews of the EX, test drivers said that it is smooth and responsive, though one test driver said that it tended to downshift too early.
- "Acceleration from a standing stop is swift and steady, and the steering wheel is appropriately weighted with a solid on-center feel." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "EX35's automatic transmission is generally smooth with prompt downshifts, though one test example suffered from occasional early downshifts. This resulted in unwanted and annoying engine braking." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "The automatic transmission offers well-spaced ratios, crisp shifts, an authoritative sport mode, and rev matching on downshifts." -- Automobile Magazine (2008)
Handling and Braking
Reviewers think the 2013 EX handles like a sporty car, which makes the EX fun to drive. One reviewer reports that the EX hugs corners at lower speeds, which helps it navigate cities well. Test drivers also like that the EX is sporty, yet delivers a smooth, comfortable ride. Reviewers also agree that the EX’s brakes are strong.
- "Based on the G37 platform, the EX delivers sedan-like handling, remarkable agility and what might be considered a rarity in this segment, a smooth ride even over rough or broken surfaces." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "If your tastes run more toward sport sedans than SUVs, you're bound to like driving the … Infiniti EX. Even with its tall profile, the sporty suspension calibration delivers above-average handling, while responsive steering and strong brakes complete the package." -- Edmunds (2012)
- "EX corners well and exhibits only slightly more body lean than G37. A relatively tight turning radius aids in low-speed maneuvering. … The brakes are smooth and strong." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
Next Steps: Infiniti EX
Get the U.S. News Best Price for the Infiniti EX
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Infiniti EX for sale (249 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Infiniti EX
- See what others paid for the 2013 Infiniti EX
- View Infiniti EX Photos
- See Luxury Compact SUVs rankings