2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe Review
The G37 has fluid, dynamic styling and excellent performance, but its interior refinement or backseat comfort doesn't compare well to others in the class.
According to our analysis, the 2008 Infiniti G37 makes an impressive debut. Picking up where the now defunct G35 Coupe left off, this boosted model features outstanding performance dynamics and a stylish exterior that more than compensates for it lower gas mileage and tight rear quarters. Many auto writers describe it as worthy competition for the BMW 3-Series, and notably available for less money.
The base model comes standard with a five-speed automatic transmission. The Journey model offers an optional Sport package, as well as a number of other options packages not available for the base model. The top-of-the-line Sport 6MT model comes with a six-speed manual transmission. If you're in the market for an upscale mid-size car, also consider the BMW 3-Series or Lexus ES.
- "Who would have guessed that the sleek and handsome Infiniti G coupe could become even more sexy-looking for 2008? Now called the G37 Coupe to denote a larger displacement and more powerful V-6, the G is a bit larger and thus roomier inside than its predecessor, and oh-so-carefully refined in its styling." -- Associated Press
- We can now say the words that BMW fans (your humble author included) will hate to hear: Infiniti has set its sights squarely at BMW, and the new G37 is a shot that hits the 3-series square in its Angel Eyes." -- Automobile Magazine
- "The G37 is a great street car that borders on the luxury side of the BMW. The G sacrifices the performance of its predecessor for a more compliant ride, supple interior, great comfort and quietness." -- Road and Track
- "The G37 is a successful luxury coupe: fast, stylish, fun to drive." -- Car and Driver
- "Dollar for dollar, it's hard to choose between the BMW 328i and the G37. My recommendation? Toss a coin or take them both for a test drive." -- BusinessWeek
- "On the luxury car checklist, the Infiniti G37 coupe checks almost every box. It's got the power, the class and the sophistication its competitors possess." -- Detroit News