Infiniti M Hybrid Review
The 2013 Infiniti M Hybrid ranks 8 out of 15 Luxury Large Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of 14 published reviews and test drives of the Infiniti M Hybrid, and our analysis of reliability and safety data.
Critics say that the 2013 Infiniti M35h offers a combination of power, fuel economy and luxury that’s tough for other hybrid luxury cars to match.
The 2013 Infiniti M35h is powered by a V6 engine and an electric motor, and critics agree that the combination makes the M35h one of the quickest hybrid cars on the market. A seven-speed automatic transmission is standard, and earns praise for its smooth shifts. The EPA reports that the 2013 M35h gets 27/32 mpg city/highway, which is significantly better than the BMW ActiveHybrid 5’s fuel economy, but not as good as the Lexus GS 450h’s. Although one test driver says that the brakes in his test car were a bit grabby at times, most auto writers praise the M35h for its refined driving dynamics, noting that it offers composed handling and a smooth, comfortable ride.
While the M35h doesn’t have as much trunk space as the gas-only Infiniti M, most reviewers agree that the cabin offers comfortable seats, as well as premium materials that include leather upholstery and wood trim. The M35h’s electronic features also win points with many reviewers who say that the stereo, climate and navigation systems are easier to use than many competing luxury large cars. Still, one test driver says that the M35h’s Bluetooth system couldn’t access his entire contact list. Standard features include a moonroof, heated front seats, a universal garage door opener, a backup camera and a six-speaker stereo with Bluetooth, satellite radio and a USB port. Options and features available in packages include a Bose stereo, navigation, rear parking sensors, climate-controlled front seats and a heated steering wheel, as well as forward collision, blind spot monitoring and lane departure warning systems.
- "The 2013 M is truly a blast on the road. With three eager powertrains, a comfortable interior and an impressive array of new and innovative technology, there's precious little to complain about - as long as you understand the car's sporting bias means ride smoothness is not up to pure-luxury-car standards." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The 2013 Infiniti M35h is the least hybrid-like hybrid I've driven. It's so smooth and comfortable that you may never know it's a hybrid, making it a great option for a buyer who wants both power and efficiency." -- Cars.com
- “While Infiniti may be fashionably late to the luxury hybrid party, this technology-stuffed, sporty hybrid sedan certainly looks as though it will be a green machine worth keeping on the guest list.” -- Motor Trend (2012)
- "The 2012 Infiniti M35h pushes the envelope with its hybrid system and its driver assistance features, making for one of the most economical luxury sedans, without sacrificing power.” -- CNET (2012)
Other Cars to Consider
The Lexus GS 450h was completely redesigned for 2013, and reviewers love its powerful hybrid drivetrain and comfortable, high-quality interior. Although the GS 450h is a bit more expensive than the M35h, it gets slightly better fuel economy.
The BMW 528i isn’t as powerful as the M35h, but it has a significantly lower base price and also gets great fuel economy. The 528i also earns very good safety scores, and reviewers say its cabin is functional and luxurious.
Details: 2013 Infiniti M Hybrid
The 2013 Infiniti M35h seats five and has rear-wheel drive. The M35h comes with a 3.5-liter V6 engine and electric motor, which are paired with a seven-speed automatic transmission. Only one trim is offered, but three option packages are available, which add tech features or upgrade some interior materials. For 2013, the M35h gains standard auto-dimming sideview mirrors, but is otherwise largely unchanged. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from 2012 and 2013.
Next Steps: Infiniti M Hybrid
Get the U.S. News Best Price for the Infiniti M Hybrid
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Infiniti M Hybrid for sale (1,257 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Infiniti M Hybrid
- See what others paid for the 2013 Infiniti M Hybrid
- View Infiniti M Hybrid Photos
- See Luxury Large Cars rankings