Infiniti QX60 Recalls & Reliability
There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
WHEELS:LUGS/NUTS/BOLTSRecall Date: 05/01/2014
- Summary: Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2014 Pathfinder and Rogue vehicles and 2014 Infiniti QX60 vehicles. The right side wheels of the affected vehicles may have one lug nut each that was not properly tightened.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 334
- Consequence: If the lug nut becomes loose from not being properly tightened, it may fall off, allowing the other lug nuts to become loose, possibly resulting in a wheel separation, and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and tighten any loose lug nuts to the correct specification, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin by the end of June 2014. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-647-7261.
- Dates of Manufacture MAR 07, 2014 to MAR 08, 2014
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V229000
AIR BAGS:FRONTALRecall Date: 03/24/2014
- Summary: Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Altima, LEAF, Pathfinder, and Sentra, model year 2013 NV200 (aka Taxi) and Infiniti JX35 and model year 2014 Infiniti Q50 and QX60 vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the occupant classification system (OCS) software may incorrectly classify the passenger seat as empty, when it is occupied by an adult.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 989701
- Consequence: If the OCS does not detect an adult occupant in the passenger seat, the passenger airbag would be deactivated. Failure of the passenger airbag to deploy during a crash (where deployment is warranted) could increase the risk of injury to the passenger.
- Remedy: Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will update the OCS software, free of charge. The recall began on April 14, 2014. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Dates of Manufacture JAN 23, 2012 to FEB 05, 2014
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V138000
SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:ANTILOCKRecall Date: 10/16/2013
- Summary: Nissan is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Nissan Pathfinder vehicles manufactured April 18, 2012, through September 20, 2013; model year 2013 Infiniti JX35 vehicles manufactured September 15, 2011, through January 16, 2013; and model year 2014 Infiniti QX60 vehicles manufactured January 17, 2013, through September 20, 2013. In the affected vehicles, during light braking on rough roads, the antilock brake system (ABS) brake pressure output software may lead to an increase in stopping distance.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 151695
- Consequence: The increased stopping distance may increase the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the ABS, free of charge. The recall began on November 18, 2013. Owners may contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261.
- Dates of Manufacture JAN 16, 2013 to SEP 19, 2013
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V445000
The 2014 Infiniti QX60 is covered by a four-year/60,000-mile basic warranty and a six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty.
Next Steps: Infiniti QX60