Jaguar F-Type Recalls & Reliability
There have been 2 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRINGRecall Date: 11/06/2014
- Summary: Jaguar Land Rover North America LLC (Jaguar) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 F-TYPE vehicles manufactured August 31, 2012, to October 22, 2014. In the affected vehicles the seatbelt harness connector which connects the Seatbelt Tension Sensor (STS) to the Occupant Classification Sensor Control Module (OCSCM) may not have been correctly wired. The OCSCM senses whether there is an occupant in the front passenger seating position, and the STS senses whether tension on the seatbelt indicates a child restraint is being used in the front passenger seating position. Both sensors provide information to the restraint control module (RCM) which informs whether the front passenger airbag should be activated, depending on whether the sensors detect the seat is occupied and/or that it is occupied by an adult passenger.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 7079
- Consequence: Should the STS not have been wired correctly, the front passenger air bag may not be suppressed, and may remain activated, even when a child restraint is placed in the front passenger seat or a small statured adult occupies that seat. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the front passenger air bag, a child or small stature occupant may be at an increased risk of injury.
- Remedy: Jaguar will notify owners, and dealers will correct the harness connector wire configuration, free of charge. The recall began on December 3, 2014. Owners may contact Jaguar customer service at 1-800-452-4827. Jaguar's number for this recall is J047.
- Dates of Manufacture AUG 30, 2012 to OCT 21, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: J047
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V714000
ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE:GASOLINE:BELTS AND ASSOCIATED PULLEYSRecall Date: 10/26/2014
- Summary: Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (Jaguar) is recalling certain F-TYPE vehicles manufactured August 25, 2014, to September 12, 2014, 2015 XF vehicles manufactured September 3, 2014, to September 12, 2014, and 2015 XJ vehicles manufactured August 21, 2014, to September 11, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the Front End Accessory Drive (FEAD) belt, Power Assisted Steering (PAS) pump pulley and/or battery positive cable at the alternator may detach.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 272
- Consequence: If the battery positive cable loosens, an electrical short may result, increasing the risk of a fire. If the FEAD belt looses or detaches, the vehicle may lose power assisted steering, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Jaguar has notified owners, and dealers will inspect the affected engine mounted components for the proper threading and torque, correcting them as necessary, free of charge. The recall began November 10, 2014. Owners may contact Jaguar customer service at 1-800-452-4827. Jaguar's number for this recall is J044.
- Dates of Manufacture AUG 24, 2014 to SEP 11, 2014
- Manufacturer Recall Number: J044
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V673000
Jaguar backs the 2015 F-Type with a four-year/50,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty.
Next Steps: Jaguar F-Type