2008 Jaguar X-Type Wagon Review
The 2008 Jaguar X-Type Wagon drives fairly well for a wagon, looks good compared to the sedan version and you don't have to be a millionaire to afford it. But it suffers from the same problem as the X-Type sedan: It doesn't quite have the power, handling and sense of style to live up to the Jaguar brand name. Consider the Volvo XC70 if you're looking for a luxury wagon that doubles as a crossover SUV. If you're strictly interested in wagons, consider the BMW 3-Series Wagon.
The 2008 Jaguar X-Type Wagon (or Sportwagon, as Jaguar calls it) is the station wagon version of the least expensive car in the Jaguar lineup and therefore offers buyers a chance to drive one of the most famous names in sports cars for a bargain price. But the X-Type Wagon, based on the European Ford Mondeo, suffers from cut corners and compromises, in particular an engine that isn't powerful enough for its weight and a dated-looking interior. However, reviews repeatedly note that despite its bulk it handles every bit as well as the sedan version and it has an improved, more stylish exterior appearance. "
The X-Type Wagon's greatest appeal may be its price. But a bargain price for a Jaguar is not actually cheap. Because of poor sales, Jaguar will reportedly discontinue sales of the X-Type Wagon in 2008.
- "An elegant and classic-looking alternative to more modern-looking premium sports wagons from Audi, BMW and Volvo." -- Forbes
- "Nimble and accomodating but still lacking the presence and panache one should expect from Jaguar. ... The X-Type remains a disappointment." -- Arizona Republic
- "Looks and feels like a real Jaguar, finally offering those on a budget who have always hankered for one of those British cars a chance to own one." -- Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Next Steps: Jaguar X-Type Wagon
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Jaguar X-Type Wagon for sale (530 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Jaguar X-Type Wagon
- View Jaguar X-Type Wagon Photos
- See Luxury Wagons rankings