Jaguar XF Review
The 2015 Jaguar XF ranks 12 out of 17 Upscale Midsize Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Jaguar XF, as well as reliability and safety data.
Reviewers dislike the 2015 Jaguar XF's tight rear-seat headroom and its unnecessarily complicated infotainment system, but they applaud its nimble handling and superior cabin materials.
A turbocharged four-cylinder engine powers the base 2015 Jaguar XF 2.0T Premium and delivers sufficient acceleration, critics say. They note, however, that there are faster four-cylinder luxury cars. For better acceleration and just slightly lower fuel economy, test drivers recommend the available supercharged V6. They report that the optional supercharged V8 is an exceptionally muscular engine, and it's available in the top-of-the-line XF 5.0 Supercharged, XFR and XFR-S trims. The base 2015 XF gets an EPA-estimated 19/30 mpg city/highway, which is below average for a four-cylinder luxury car. Reviewers say the XF has a smooth ride and very sharp handling. Some also write that its steering system is precise, though others think it feels too light.
Premium materials and an attractive design make up the 2015 Jaguar XF's cabin, automotive journalists say. They find the rear seats' headroom is tight, but the front seats spacious. The XF's 17.7 cubic feet of trunk space is impressive for the class, but a few reviewers mention that the XF has a small trunk opening. A number of interior features that were optional in 2014 are standard this year, including a 12-speaker Meridian audio system, satellite radio, HD Radio, front parking sensors, a rearview camera, blind spot monitoring and navigation. Other standard features include leather upholstery, heated front seats, a moonroof, dual-zone automatic climate control, push-button start, rear parking sensors, Bluetooth, a USB port and an infotainment system with a 7-inch touch screen. Available features include ventilated front seats, adaptive cruise control and a 17-speaker Meridian audio system. Reviewers complain that the XF’s infotainment system has a small touch screen that reacts slowly to user inputs and requires you to delve through multiple menus to change simple audio, climate and navigation settings.
- "The Jaguar XF is a mid-size luxury sedan that distinguishes itself from its rivals by placing a greater emphasis on high style inside and out. Dynamic handling and a plush interior are also among the four-door's strong suites." -- Left Lane News
- "Although the 2015 Jaguar XF isn't a mainstream pick for a midsize luxury or performance sedan, it has more personality than many front runners in this class, along with an engine lineup diverse enough to suit every taste." -- Edmunds
- "Aside from its exclusivity, the XF brings graceful style, old-meets-new interior accommodations, and a variety of engine choices ranging from an fuel-efficient 4-cylinder to a thunderous supercharged V8. The Jaguar XF isn't the obvious choice for everyone, and that's what makes it the obvious choice for some." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "… the XF's sales still pale relative to rivals from Audi, BMW and Mercedes -- and that's too bad, because we think the 2014 model is more appealing than ever." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Jaguar XF Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
Auto writers love the Cadillac CTS’ incredibly athletic handling, comfortable ride and potent engine options. Reviewers also write that the CTS has a very stylish cabin that’s outfitted with exceptional materials.
The BMW 528i gets better fuel economy than the base XF, and critics say the 528i has lively acceleration. Test drivers also appreciate its user-friendly iDrive system, attractive interior and spacious back seat.
Details: 2015 Jaguar XF
The 2015 Jaguar XF seats five and comes in eight trims, ranging from the base XF 2.0T Premium with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, to the XFR-S with a supercharged 5.0-liter V8. An eight-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive are standard, and all-wheel drive is available. The XF has an updated list of standard features this year, but it hasn’t been fully redesigned since its debut in 2009. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2009 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Jaguar XF
- View the best prices for the 2015 Jaguar XF
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Jaguar XF
- Search used Jaguar XF for sale (1,132 listings)
- See Upscale Midsize Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals