Jaguar XF Performance
According to critics, the 2015 Jaguar XF has very sharp handling. Auto writers are also impressed with its powerful V6 and V8 engine options, though some say that the base four-cylinder model is slower than comparably equipped cars.
- "The XF is a product of Jaguar's recent reinvention, and it is among the more fun-to-drive sedans in its segment." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Hit the road and the midsize XF will reward you with engaging handling, and -- when equipped with Jaguar's potent supercharged V8 engine -- a roaring good time by anyone's standards." -- Edmunds
- "On the road, the taut and focused XF strikes a wonderful ride/handling balance. Unlike some rivals, it doesn't feel big and bulky in corners." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Acceleration and Power
The base 2015 Jaguar XF 2.0T Premium comes with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that makes 240 horsepower. The XF 3.0 Portfolio and Sport come with a 340-horsepower, supercharged 3.0-liter V6 and the XF 5.0 Supercharged has a 470-horsepower, supercharged 5.0-liter V8. Every XF is equipped with an eight-speed automatic transmission. According to the EPA, the base XF gets 19/30 mpg city/highway, which is unimpressive for a four-cylinder luxury car. Rivals like the Audi A6 2.0T and BMW 528i use less fuel. The XF 3.0 model gets 18/28 mpg, which is decent for a six-cylinder luxury car. V6 and V8 models come with a start-stop system, which shuts off the engine when the car is stopped in order to save fuel.
The performance-oriented 2015 Jaguar XFR has a supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engine that generates 510 horsepower and 461 pound-feet of torque. The top-of-the-line XFR-S has a supercharged, 5.0-liter V8 that produces 550 horsepower and 502 pound-feet of torque. Jaguar says the 2015 XFR-S can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 4.4 seconds and hit a top speed of 186 mph.
Some test drivers write that the base 2015 XF 2.0T’s acceleration is sufficient, but others note that some four-cylinder rivals are faster, including the BMW 528i. They say the XF 3.0 is a better choice, because it delivers quicker acceleration without much of a fuel economy penalty, and the V8 models are abundantly powerful. Some reviewers report that the fuel-saving engine start-stop system does not operate smoothly when the engine is starting back up.
- "Considering how quick the similarly powered BMW 528i is, acceleration in the base Jaguar XF is merely adequate. … The supercharged V6 engine in the midrange XF 3.0 provides much more energetic performance and should satisfy the majority of midsize luxury sedan shoppers, especially because it can also be had with foul-weather-ready all-wheel drive. The V8-powered 2015 Jaguar XFs possess a wealth of power under the hood." -- Edmunds
- "All engines except the base 4-cylinder have stop-start technology that shuts off the engine at idle to save fuel. Start-stop startups, however, can be jarring, and we found ourselves disabling the feature." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Under the hood, the base XF's 4-cylinder engine is not high on our list, as it's rather unrefined and barely gets better fuel economy than the supercharged V6." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Handling and Braking
The 2015 Jaguar XF comes standard with rear-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive is available. Critics write that the XF has very agile handling and a comfortable ride. Some add that the XF has precise steering, though others think it feels a bit too light.
- "Dynamically speaking, the XF rewards drivers with accurate, tactile steering and a well-tuned suspension that provides a good balance between ride comfort and handling prowess." -- Left Lane News
- "Every 2015 XF sedan is taut, responsive and balanced, with good feedback through the steering and brakes." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Driven briskly around turns, the Jaguar XF has considerable grip and surprisingly high limits. More demanding drivers might find the steering a little too light, but the XF is still more fun to drive than many competitors." -- Edmunds
- "During more sedate motoring, the XF continues to impress, providing a composed ride that's supple but never floaty." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Next Steps: Jaguar XF
- View the best prices for the 2015 Jaguar XF
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Jaguar XF
- Search used Jaguar XF for sale (1,132 listings)
- See Upscale Midsize Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals