Jaguar XJ Review
The 2015 Jaguar XJ ranks 6 out of 6 Super Luxury Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Jaguar XJ, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Jaguar XJ's agility and power impress test drivers, but its interior disappoints due to unexceptional build quality and an outdated infotainment system.
The base Jaguar XJ comes with a supercharged V6 engine, and critics say it provides plenty of power. The base 2015 XJ gets an EPA-estimated 18/27 mpg city/highway, which is a bit low for the class. The XJ Supercharged and XJR come with supercharged V8s, and auto writers agree that both models delivers incredibly strong acceleration. They also appreciate the XJ's smooth-shifting eight-speed automatic transmission. Reviewers report that the Jaguar XJ is one of the more agile cars in the class, and feels like a much smaller car while cornering. They say it has responsive steering, strong brakes and a firm, yet comfortable, ride.
While test drivers agree that the 2015 Jaguar XJ has unique and attractive interior styling, some note that it doesn't match the build quality of German competitors. Auto writers report that the front seats are comfortable, but some note that they're not as supportive as rivals' and say the rear seat (in standard wheelbase models) could be more spacious. Trunk space is average, but reviewers note that the trunk is shallow and oddly shaped, and they say the XJ's cabin lacks an adequate number of storage spaces. They also write that the XJ's infotainment system is slow and out-of-date. Standard features in the 2015 Jaguar XJ include heated front and rear seats, navigation, front and rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, blind spot monitoring, a 14-speaker Meridian audio system, an 8-inch touch screen, a USB port, Bluetooth and satellite radio. Available features include ventilated front and rear seats, adaptive cruise control, quad-zone automatic climate control and a 20- or 26-speaker Meridian audio system. Long-wheelbase models are available with a package that includes power-reclining and massaging rear seats, folding tray tables and a dual-screen rear-seat entertainment system.
- "Whereas most cars in this segment are conservative to a fault, the XJ is a feast for the eyes. With its deep chrome-ringed grille, low-and-long proportions and plenty of body bling, the XJ is a power sedan for folks who want to announce their status with a megaphone, not a whisper." -- AutoTrader
- "The 2015 Jaguar XJ projects distinction exclusivity and English refinement. The high-performance XJR version also makes it one of the sportiest elite luxury sedans available." -- Edmunds
- "The Jaguar XJ is as temperamental as it is beautiful. Some quality and reliability questions still linger and are contributing factors to the XJ's lower resale values." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
- "The 2013 Jaguar XJ still boasts tasteful, minimalistic luxury, but its once-standout drivability has lost a step, and reliability issues should concern anyone looking to buy rather than lease one." -- Cars.com (2013)
Jaguar XJ Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
The Audi A8 has an exceptionally well-built cabin, spacious rear seats and a user-friendly infotainment system that responds quickly to inputs, critics say. Automotive journalists are also impressed with the A8's athletic handling and the traction provided by its standard all-wheel drive.
Test drivers report that the BMW 7-Series has vast rear-seat space, a well-constructed cabin and an easy-to-use infotainment system. The 7-Series' composed ride and powerful engine lineup further enhances its appeal, according to critics.
Details: 2015 Jaguar XJ
The 2015 Jaguar XJ is a five-seat sedan that is available in standard- and long-wheelbase body styles. The base XJ comes with a supercharged 3.0-liter V6 engine, while the XJ Supercharged and XJR have supercharged 5.0-liter V8 engines. An eight-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive are standard, and all-wheel drive is available. The XJ was last redesigned for the 2011 model year and has seen few major changes since. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2011 through 2015 model years.
Research Prices: 2015 Jaguar XJ
Over 50,000 car shoppers have purchased a car through the U.S. News Best Price Program. Our pricing beat the national average 86% of the time with shoppers receiving average savings of $3,221 off MSRP across vehicles. See what others paid for the Jaguar XJ and get upfront pricing to make sure you don't overpay. Learn More »
Next Steps: Jaguar XJ
- View the best prices for the 2015 Jaguar XJ
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Jaguar XJ
- Search used Jaguar XJ for sale (1,379 listings)
- See Super Luxury Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals