Jaguar XK Interior
Most critics report that the 2015 Jaguar XK's cabin design is sophisticated, with top-notch wood and leather materials, but others think it is outdated and isn't quite up to Jaguar standards. They say the infotainment system is effective, but isn't as easy to use as rivals' systems. Auto writers praise the audio quality from the Bowers & Wilkins sound system.
- "Inside, the XK features a simple but elegant cabin design along with the highest quality leather and wood (aluminum trim is optional) and all of the entertainment and convenience devices one could wish for in a luxury convertible." -- Left Lane News
- "The Jaguar XK's cockpit is well tailored and inviting, with special touches like a rotary gear selector that rises out of the center console upon start-up. However, it lacks the design flair of Jaguar's other models and there are some ergonomic glitches." -- Edmunds
- "The XK is the oldest car in Jaguar's stable, and it shows when you're sitting inside." -- AutoTrader (2014)
- "For 2014, the Jaguar XK's interior feels particularly upscale with a pleasing mix of contrast-stitched leather overlays and polished hardwoods." -- Kelley Blue Book (2014)
Jaguar XK Pictures
The 2015 Jaguar XK seats four, and leather upholstery, a heated steering wheel and front seats that are power-adjustable, heated and cooled are standard. Performance front seats with power-adjustable side support are optional. Test drivers write that the XK's front seats are comfortable, but that the rear seats are quite small, and are barely suitable for young children or luggage. Some add that the cabin feels confining, due in part to its small windows.
- "Comfort, on the other hand, is top-notch. The 16-way adjustable front seats provide endless arrangements and strike a pleasing balance between plush and firm support. Technically there are two rear seats, but they're at best for extra luggage or small kids - two adults would just be cruel." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Another downside involves the rear seats, which are cramped even for small children. The cabin can also be a little claustrophobic, with a rakish greenhouse and slim windows making the Jag feel more akin to an Aston Martin than a BMW 6 Series." -- Edmunds
The 2015 XK comes standard with an eight-speaker Bowers & Wilkins surround-sound audio system, proximity key, front and rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, dual-zone automatic climate control, satellite radio, HD Radio, a 7-inch touch-screen infotainment system, navigation, Bluetooth and a USB port.
Reviewers praise the excellent audio quality of the Bowers & Wilkins audio system. They report that the infotainment system is effective but is not the most intuitive system in the class. A few auto writers find some of the controls to be of subpar quality for the class.
- "High-end audio systems are just as much a requirement of a luxury car as leather and chrome. But the Bowers & Wilkins surround sound system takes [it] … to a whole new level. Much in the way moms prefer Jiff peanut butter, choosey audiophiles choose Bowers & Wilkins." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The multipurpose touchscreen that operates audio, climate, navigation and phone systems works fairly well, but still isn't as user-friendly as most competing systems." -- Edmunds
- "Some of its buttons and switchgears have a downmarket vibe. … At least it has Jaguar's distinctive rotary-shift knob, which dramatically rises out of the center console upon ignition. Cool." -- AutoTrader (2014)
The 2015 Jaguar XK coupe has 11.7 cubic feet of cargo space, and the convertible has 11.1 cubic feet of space with the top up and 7.1 cubic feet with the top down. The coupe's trunk is large for a luxury sports car. Critics think the XK's cargo space is competitive with that of rivals, and they say it's noticeably more useful than that of Jaguar's own F-Type.
- "With the top down, the XK convertible can still hold a respectable 7.1 cubic feet. This is a key differentiation point between the XK and the smaller Jaguar F-Type, which has a barely usable trunk." -- Edmunds
- "There's more cargo space in the hatchback coupe than the convertible, where top-down driving further trims overall trunk space." -- Kelley Blue Book
Next Steps: Jaguar XK
- View the best prices for the 2015 Jaguar XK
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Jaguar XK
- Search used Jaguar XK for sale (714 listings)
- See Luxury Sports Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals