Jeep Cherokee Interior
Test drivers praise the 2015 Jeep Cherokee’s cabin for its sleek layout and first-rate materials, which some say are better than the materials you’ll find in some rivals’ cabins. Reviewers agree that the 2015 Cherokee’s seats are comfortable and its standard cloth upholstery is very high-quality. There’s also plenty of room for adults in the second row, test drivers add. Automotive journalists like the Cherokee’s simple dashboard controls and easy-to-use infotainment system. Still, they’re disappointed with the Cherokee’s lack of cargo space.
- "Fluid lines and upmarket soft-touch materials mark the Cherokee's interior space, which comes standard with a five-inch touchscreen for the Uconnect infotainment system." -- Left Lane News
- "In the past, the standard Cherokee may have seemed far behind the Grand Cherokee in terms of quality and capability, but no more. The materials in the 2015 Jeep Cherokee have a high-quality look and feel, especially on upper trim levels." -- Edmunds
- "The 2015 Jeep Cherokee interior blends traditional Jeep cues - such as the trapezoidal ‘center stack’ - with modern touches to create an attractive and upscale layout." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Hop into a Honda CR-V or Toyota RAV4, the compact crossover leaders, and you'll notice a lot of hard plastics. The new Jeep Cherokee has a much more inviting environment, with soft-touch materials on the dash, door panels and center console. Impressive." -- MSN Autos (2014)
Jeep Cherokee Pictures
The Cherokee seats five on standard cloth upholstery. Nappa leather upholstery, a heated steering wheel, a power-adjustable driver’s seat and heated and ventilated front seats are available. Test drivers are impressed with the Cherokee’s upholstery options. The cloth seats have a premium look and remain comfortable all day, and the optional leather upholstery is supple, they report. The Cherokee's rear seats can slide fore and aft to increase either passenger space or cargo capacity, and auto journalists say there’s lots of adult-friendly space in the second row.
- "The seats offer up good support, and come trimmed in either attractive cloth or soft Nappa leather." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Passenger quarters are spacious in the 2015 Jeep Cherokee. It's easy to get comfortable in the available power driver seat, which offers ample adjustability (although the steering wheel has an oddly limited range of height adjustment). The rear seat reclines, allows fore-and-aft adjustment and the high-mounted bench supports adults' thighs without pushing their heads into the rafters. This is one of the better backseats in the compact crossover class." -- Edmunds
- "Cloth seating is usually an area where the best you can say is, ‘Hey, they did their best - it's cloth, after all.’ Not so in the Cherokee. The type of fabric used was inspired by the thick outer coverings worn by Scandinavians. The Icelandic-themed material in our Latitude was laid over firm foam, the intermingled black and light gray panels set off by silver cross-stitching atop the buck of a sport seat. They were comfortable all day." -- Autoblog (2014)
- "The rear seats offer a slide function so there's plenty of room for adults when you need it-and room for lots of gear when you don't." -- Popular Mechanics (2014)
The 2015 Jeep Cherokee comes with a six-speaker stereo, a 5-inch touch-screen display, a USB port, an SD card reader and Bluetooth phone and audio. The Cherokee can be equipped with dual-zone automatic climate control, a Uconnect infotainment system with an 8.4-inch touch-screen display, a nine-speaker Alpine stereo system, satellite radio, push-button start, remote start, a wireless charging pad for smartphones, navigation, lane departure warning, a rearview camera, adaptive cruise control, forward collision alert, active park assist and blind spot monitoring.
According to auto writers, the Cherokee’s available infotainment system, which absorbs many audio and climate controls, is responsive and features menus that are easy to navigate. Test drivers also appreciate the Jeep Cherokee’s supplementary buttons, which they say are straightforward and are easy to reach.
- "The available 8.4-inch touchscreen entertainment and navigation interface is truly great and worth the extra cost if you can make the jump out of the Sport trim levels. It features easy-to-navigate menus, big touch buttons, voice commands and an accompanying knob that makes whipping through iPod menus a breeze." -- Edmunds
- "Generally regarded as one of the more user-friendly infotainment setups on the market, Uconnect Access integrates most of the truck's audio, navigation and climate control functions into one unit. An 8.4-inch touchscreen mounted on the dashboard is the central component of the system, but redundant buttons and knobs for climate and audio volume and tuning are also included." -- Left Lane News
- "Even if you don't opt for the big screen, there's a tastefully designed LCD screen between the gauges that displays information including fuel economy, off-road modes, and even adaptive cruise control if so equipped." -- Popular Mechanics (2014)
- "The layout is intuitive, the large screen makes the virtual buttons easy to access, and the reaction times are pretty quick." -- MSN Autos (2014)
The Jeep Cherokee has between 24.6 and 29.1 cubic feet of cargo space, depending on where the sliding second-row seat is positioned. With those seats folded, the Cherokee’s cargo capacity expands to 54.9 cubic feet, which is less room than most SUVs in the class have. Competitors like the Honda CR-V and Nissan Rogue have significantly larger cargo holds. While most reviewers think there’s plenty of convenient small-item storage spaces inside the Cherokee, a few others disagree.
- "There are just 24.6 cubic feet of space behind the second row and 54.9 with the rear seats folded. Both figures are 10-15 fewer cubic feet than what most other compact crossover SUVs offer. A lack of truly useful storage space up front for your personal effects is another drawback." -- Edmunds
- "Moving aft, the Cherokee is a bit smallish in the cargo area, shy 13 to 18 cubic feet from the space offered by the RAV4, CR-V, or Escape." -- Car and Driver (2014)
- "One of the design goals Jeep adhered to with the interior was maximizing storage, and it seems there's a pocket carved into every space not being used for something else." -- Autoblog (2014)
- "While the Cherokee has less total cargo space than many of its competitors, that space is well thought out and quite useful. … Jeep offers some useful features, including a fold-down front passenger seat, storage under the cushion of the front passenger seat, and a rear cargo management system." -- MSN Autos (2014)
Next Steps: Jeep Cherokee
- View the best prices for the 2015 Jeep Cherokee
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Jeep Cherokee
- Search used Jeep Cherokee for sale (2,451 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings