Jeep Cherokee Interior
Reviewers agree that the 2014 Jeep Cherokee has an attractive cabin with premium materials that stand out from what the competition offers. They say that both the standard cloth and optional leather seat trims are attractive and that the Cherokee's seats are supportive and remain comfortable all day. Test drivers also agree that the Cherokee's rear seats offer plenty of legroom. Automotive journalists like the Cherokee's available gauge cluster screen, which they say displays useful vehicle information. Though reviewers find few faults with the Cherokee's interior, they note that it has less cargo space than many rivals.
- "In past years, the gap in civility between the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee cabins was large, but for 2014, they're far more comparable. The materials in the 2014 Jeep Cherokee have a high-quality look and feel, and we're hard-pressed to name another small crossover that beats it for style." -- Edmunds
- "Hop into a Honda CR-V or Toyota RAV4, the compact crossover leaders, and you'll notice a lot of hard plastics. The new Jeep Cherokee has a much more inviting environment, with soft-touch materials on the dash, door panels and center console. Impressive." -- MSN Autos
- "Qualifications aren't needed when it comes to the Cherokee's interior. In ten hours of driving we neither found nor stumbled upon a single item that made us think, 'Oh. This is cheap.'" -- Autoblog
- "This interior is quite good. Even if its design isn't all that interesting, the Cherokee's inner trappings are upscale and classy, feeling more like a genuine luxury car than a dressed-up small crossover." -- Left Lane News
The Cherokee seats five and comes with cloth upholstery. Nappa leather upholstery is available, as well as a power-adjustable driver seat and heated and ventilated front seats. Reviewers note that the cloth and leather upholstery materials are attractive. Test drivers also agree that the Jeep Cherokee's seats are comfortable and supportive. The Cherokee's rear seats can slide fore and aft to increase passenger space or cargo capacity, and reviewers say it provides ample room for adults.
- "Passenger quarters are spacious in the new Jeep Cherokee. It's easy to get comfortable in the available power driver seat, which offers ample adjustability (although the steering wheel has an oddly limited range of height adjustment). The rear seat has recline and fore-and-aft adjustment, and the high-mounted bench supports adults' thighs without pushing their heads into the rafters. This is one of the better backseats in the compact crossover class." -- Edmunds
- "Cloth seating is usually an area where the best you can say is, ‘Hey, they did their best - it's cloth, after all.’ Not so in the Cherokee. The type of fabric used was inspired by the thick outer coverings worn by Scandinavians. The Icelandic-themed material in our Latitude was laid over firm foam, the intermingled black and light gray panels set off by silver cross-stitching atop the buck of a sport seat. They were comfortable all day." -- Autoblog
- "The rear seats offer a slide function so there's plenty of room for adults when you need it-and room for lots of gear when you don't." -- Popular Mechanics
- "The ergonomically designed seats offer good support and are trimmed with attractive cloth or Nappa leather." -- Kelley Blue Book
The 2014 Jeep Cherokee comes with a six-speaker stereo, a 5-inch touch-screen display, a USB port, an auxiliary input, an SD card reader and Bluetooth. The Cherokee can be equipped with an 8.4-inch touch-screen display, a heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, a wireless charging pad for your smartphone, navigation, lane departure warning, a rearview camera, adaptive cruise control, forward collision alert, a park assist system and blind spot monitoring.
Reviewers like the large display and intuitive controls on the optional 8.4-inch Uconnect infotainment system. They say that the system is responsive and features menus that are easier to navigate than those offered by many competitors.
- "Even if you don't opt for the big screen, there's a tastefully designed LCD screen between the gauges that displays information including fuel economy, off-road modes, and even adaptive cruise control if so equipped." -- Popular Mechanics
- "The 8.4-inch touchscreen entertainment and navigation interface available in all Cherokees except the base Sport is elegant in its simplicity. It features easy-to-navigate menus, big touch buttons and an accompanying knob that makes whipping through iPod menus a breeze." -- Edmunds
- "The big screen controls Chrysler's excellent Uconnect infotainment system, which sets the industry standard for both ease-of-use and lack of information overload. Moreover, the system responds quickly to user inputs, something we can't say about infotainment systems offered up by most rivals." -- Left Lane News
- "The layout is intuitive, the large screen makes the virtual buttons easy to access, and the reaction times are pretty quick." -- MSN Autos
Depending on where the sliding second-row seats are positioned, the 2014 Jeep Cherokee has between 24.6 and 29.1 cubic feet of cargo space. Folding the 60/40-split rear seat expands the Cherokee’s cargo capacity to 54.9 cubic feet, which is a bit small for the class. Reviewers say that while the Cherokee has less cargo space than some competitors, it offers plenty of small-item storage spaces and pockets in the cabin.
- "Moving aft, the Cherokee is a bit smallish in the cargo area, shy 13 to 18 cubic feet from the space offered by the RAV4, CR-V, or Escape." -- Car and Driver
- "One of the design goals Jeep adhered to with the interior was maximizing storage, and it seems there's a pocket carved into every space not being used for something else." -- Autoblog
- "While the Cherokee has less total cargo space than many of its competitors, that space is well thought out and quite useful. … Jeep offers some useful features, including a fold-down front passenger seat, storage under the cushion of the front passenger seat, and a rear cargo management system." -- MSN Autos
Next Steps: Jeep Cherokee
- View the best prices for the 2014 Jeep Cherokee
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Jeep Cherokee
- Search used Jeep Cherokee for sale (2,750 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings