2012 Jeep Compass Recalls & Reliability
There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
AIR BAGS , ELECTRICAL SYSTEM , SEAT BELTSRecall Date: 06/04/2013
- Consequence: In the event of a rollover necessitating airbag deployment, the software error can lead to a delayed deployment or non-deployment of the side curtain airbag and/or seatbelt pre-tensioners. As a result, vehicle occupants have an increased risk of injury in a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V233000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 254,396
- Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2010-2012 Jeep Compass and Patriot vehicles manufactured May 6, 2008, through July 20, 2012. The affected vehicles have a software error which may result in a delayed deployment or non-deployment of the seatbelt pre-tensioners and/or side airbags.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will correct the software free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in July 2013. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-247-9753. Chrysler's recall number is N01.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 or go to www.safercar.gov.
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINERecall Date: 04/03/2013
- Consequence: If the engine stalls while driving it may increase the risk of a crash.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V120000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 20,532
- Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2012 Jeep Patriot and Compass vehicles manufactured October 18, 2011, through May 7, 2012. Due to an incorrectly manufactured transfer tube, the transfer of fuel from the secondary side to the primary side of the fuel tank may be interrupted, causing the engine to stall.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank transfer tube free of charge. An interim letter was mailed to owners on May 30, 2013. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's recall campaign number is N17.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLYRecall Date: 04/02/2012
- Consequence: IN THE EVENT OF AN IMPACT OR ROLL-OVER, FUEL LEAKAGE COULD OCCUR, INCREASING THE RISK OF A FIRE.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 12V142000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 1,689
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2012 JEEP PATRIOT AND COMPASS VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM DECEMBER 17, 2011, THROUGH JANUARY 2, 2012. SOME VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN BUILT WITH A FUEL TANK ASSEMBLY CONTAINING A DAMAGED ROLL-OVER VALVE.
- Remedy: CHRYSLER WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL TANK, FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING JUNE 2012. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: CHRYSLER?S RECALL NUMBER IS M11. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION?S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2012 Jeep Compass