2012 Jeep Compass Recalls & Reliability
Review Last Updated: 10/10/13
There have been 3 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
AIR BAGS , ELECTRICAL SYSTEM , SEAT BELTSRecall Date: 06/04/2013
- Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2010-2012 Jeep Compass and Patriot vehicles manufactured May 6, 2008, through July 20, 2012. The affected vehicles have a software error which may result in a delayed deployment or non-deployment of the seatbelt pre-tensioners and/or side airbags.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 254,396
- Consequence: In the event of a rollover necessitating airbag deployment, the software error can lead to a delayed deployment or non-deployment of the side curtain airbag and/or seatbelt pre-tensioners. As a result, vehicle occupants have an increased risk of injury in a crash.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will correct the software free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in July 2013. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-247-9753. Chrysler's recall number is N01.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 or go to www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V233000
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINERecall Date: 04/03/2013
- Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2012 Jeep Patriot and Compass vehicles manufactured October 18, 2011, through May 7, 2012. Due to an incorrectly manufactured transfer tube, the transfer of fuel from the secondary side to the primary side of the fuel tank may be interrupted, causing the engine to stall.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 20,532
- Consequence: If the engine stalls while driving it may increase the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank transfer tube free of charge. An interim letter was mailed to owners on May 30, 2013. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's recall campaign number is N17.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V120000
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:STORAGE:TANK ASSEMBLYRecall Date: 04/02/2012
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2012 JEEP PATRIOT AND COMPASS VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM DECEMBER 17, 2011, THROUGH JANUARY 2, 2012. SOME VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN BUILT WITH A FUEL TANK ASSEMBLY CONTAINING A DAMAGED ROLL-OVER VALVE.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 1,689
- Consequence: IN THE EVENT OF AN IMPACT OR ROLL-OVER, FUEL LEAKAGE COULD OCCUR, INCREASING THE RISK OF A FIRE.
- Remedy: CHRYSLER WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL TANK, FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING JUNE 2012. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: CHRYSLER?S RECALL NUMBER IS M11. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION?S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 12V142000
Jeep covers its vehicles with a three-year/36,000-mile basic limited warranty, a three-year/unlimited mileage warranty against rust and a five-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty. This coverage is typical for the class.