Jeep Grand Cherokee Interior
The 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee has an attractive cabin that is built with first-rate materials, according to critics. Several comment that even the materials in the base trim are impressive, and some go so far as to liken the Grand Cherokee's cabin to something that would be found in a Land Rover Range Rover. They also praise the Grand Cherokee’s roomy seats and user-friendly infotainment system.
- "'Jeep Grand Cherokee' may be a venerable nameplate, but the SUV's interior is as contemporary as you'll find anywhere. This well-finished space accommodates up to five adult passengers, and soft-touch surfaces are plentiful, accented by tasteful wood trims." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Even in the lower trim levels, the Grand Cherokee's interior boasts excellent fit and finish." -- Edmunds
- "These are seriously nice trucks, even in base Laredo trim, raising the benchmark for affordable SUV interiors yet again." -- Cars.com (2014)
- "In fact, the interior of the Grand Cherokee sported all the luxury and comfort I would expect of a Range Rover. The dashboard was covered in leather, colored in Jeep Brown. The wood trim, with its matte finish, felt grainy and natural." -- CNET (2014)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Pictures
The five-seat Jeep Grand Cherokee comes standard with cloth seats. Seating options include leather upholstery, front seats that are heated, ventilated and power-adjustable, a heated steering wheel and heated rear seats. According to auto journalists, the 2015 Grand Cherokee's front seats are comfortable and supportive for long trips, and the back seat offers ample legroom and headroom.
- "While the Grand Cherokee has no third-row seat option, there's ample room for a family of four or five, and you can order up a significant amount of luxury ambience, including ventilated front seats and a dual-screen, Blu-ray-capable rear entertainment system with an HDMI input. Backseat passengers should be pretty comfortable, as the Grand Cherokee provides considerably more rear legroom than the Toyota 4Runner." -- Edmunds
- "The seats are all-day comfortable, front and rear, available in top-quality premium leather, with more optional stitched leather covering the dash in higher trims." -- Cars.com (2014)
- "Six-footers will find adequate headroom and legroom in the back seat, even behind a front-seat occupant of similar size. This is a welcome change compared to the cramped rear-seat area of the previous-generation Grand Cherokee." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Standard features in the 2015 Grand Cherokee include dual-zone automatic climate control, a six-speaker audio system, the Uconnect infotainment system with a 5-inch touch screen, Bluetooth and a USB port. Available features include a nine-speaker audio system or a 19-speaker Harman Kardon audio system, a rearview camera, navigation, Uconnect with an 8.4-inch touch screen, adaptive cruise control, remote start, blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning, front and rear parking sensors and a dual-screen rear-seat entertainment system.
Test drivers agree that the Uconnect system is straightforward and one of the easiest touch-screen infotainment systems to operate on the market. They comment that the Harman Kardon audio system delivers impressive sound, and note that the adaptive cruise control works well.
- "The dash houses a standard configurable 7-inch screen that can be used to display a wide range of information. We're especially fond of the optional center 8.4-inch touchscreen and highly recommend it. It features an easy-to-use interface and includes a WiFi hotspot and smartphone app integration. …" -- Edmunds
- "Jeep redid the center stack, not changing its essential contours but reworking the acreage to fit the corporate 5.0- or 8.4-inch touch screens and an HVAC control area with large knobs-bucking the capacitive-touch trend-that work quickly and simply with minimal eye time from the road." -- Car and Driver (2014)
- "The Summit trim even has a suedelike headliner and a phenomenal 19-speaker Harman Kardon sound system that ranks as one of the best I've ever heard in an automobile." -- Cars.com (2014)
- "The adaptive cruise control did a good job of smoothly adjusting to the changing speeds of cars ahead. While following a line of cars heading toward a stoplight, I kept my foot off the brake to see what the Grand Cherokee would do. As the cars slowed to a halt, the Grand Cherokee braked until it got down to about 25 mph, at which time it sounded off a warning telling me that I should take over control." -- CNET (2014)
The 2015 Grand Cherokee has 36.3 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats and up to 68.3 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. The Grand Cherokee's overall cargo space is typical for the class. Reviewers are pleased with the Grand Cherokee's amount of cargo room, and they remark that it offers numerous areas in the cabin for stowing smaller items.
- "With 35.1 cubic feet of stowage space behind the rear seats, the Grand Cherokee has plenty of room for cargo; if that isn't enough, it can tow up to 7,400 pounds of extra gear when properly equipped." -- Left Lane News
- "Checking the spec sheet, I saw that the Grand Cherokee comes in well under 16 feet long, yet accentuates its five-passenger seating with healthy amount of cargo space." -- CNET (2014)
- "The interior boasts several small-item storage compartments including small pockets and bottle holders on all doors, mesh pockets on the front seat backs, a good size glovebox, and a bi-level console compartment." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Jeep Grand Cherokee
- View the best prices for the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Search used Jeep Grand Cherokee for sale (17,209 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals