Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
EXTERIOR LIGHTINGRecall Date: 07/01/2013
- Summary: Chrysler is recalling certain model year 2014, non-SRT trimmed, Grand Cherokee vehicles manufactured January 14, 2013, through March 20, 2013 equipped with premium headlamps. In the affected vehicles, when switching between daytime running lights and parking lights, electrical spikes may cause the parking lamps to turn off. Without properly functioning parking lamps these vehicles fail to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108, "Lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment."
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 4458
- Consequence: Without parking lamps, the vehicle may not be as visible to other vehicles, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will update the Central Body Controller software, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in August 2013. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-247-9753. Chrysler's recall campaign number is N42.
- Dates of Manufacture JAN 13, 2013 to MAR 19, 2013
- Manufacturer Recall Number: N42
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V289000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
The 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee comes with a three-year/36,000-mile basic limited warranty and a five-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.
Next Steps: Jeep Grand Cherokee