Jeep Patriot Review
The 2015 Jeep Patriot ranks 26 out of 27 Affordable Compact SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Jeep Patriot, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Jeep Patriot is ranked:
Test drivers agree that the 2015 Jeep Patriot falls short of most rivals thanks to its low-rent cabin materials, underpowered engines and small cargo area, although it does have a low base price.
With either its base four-cylinder engine or optional, more powerful four-cylinder engine, critics write that the 2015 Patriot is noisy and underpowered. A manual transmission is standard and an automatic is available. Fuel economy is an EPA-estimated 23/30 mpg city/highway, which is on par for the class. Test drivers dislike the Patriot’s unwieldy handling and jarring ride quality over rough roads. According to reviewers, the Patriot is a decent off-road SUV when equipped with the available Freedom Drive II four-wheel drive option.
According to test drivers, the Jeep Patriot's cabin is built with mostly hard, low-rent plastics. The front seats are comfortable and fairly spacious, reviewers say, but the back seat is not very spacious. The Patriot doesn't have a lot of standard features for the class, but reviewers find most of its basic controls easy to operate. A four-speaker stereo and an auxiliary audio jack are standard. Available features include Bluetooth, air conditioning, power windows, liftgate speakers, keyless entry, remote start, a touch-screen audio system, navigation, Uconnect Web with a Wi-Fi hot spot, satellite radio and a USB port. Reviewers agree that most dashboard controls are simple, and that the gauges are easy to read. However, they complain that the optional touch-screen audio system is dated and makes adjusting audio settings complicated. With 53.5 cubic feet of room, the Jeep Patriot has very little cargo space for the class.
- "The Jeep Patriot is an inexpensive compact crossover that offers above-average off-roading capability for what is, admittedly, a very pavement-bound segment. In other areas, such as fuel economy, interior quality, acceleration and overall refinement, the Patriot lags behind the majority of its competitors." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2015 Patriot is the least expensive new SUV you can buy, and it's a Jeep to boot. That's the good news. Other aspects of this inexpensive 5-passenger Jeep are not so bright. It is aging, rather unrefined and not all that fuel-efficient compared to fresher crossover SUVs such as the Subaru Forester and Mazda CX-5." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Only if you're searching for a new crossover that will fit a very tight budget will the Patriot make sense. Otherwise, the urbane 2015 Ford Escape, the sporty 2015 Mazda CX-5 and the popular 2015 Toyota RAV4 are all vastly superior choices. We're pretty fond of Jeep's new Cherokee, too. The Patriot isn't all bad, but by today's lofty standards, its retirement is overdue." -- Edmunds
- "The 2014 Jeep Patriot is billed as the best-priced SUV in America. That may be true, but as the old axiom goes, you get what you pay for." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Other SUVs to Consider
The Nissan Rogue impresses reviewers with its well-appointed cabin, which they say features high-quality materials and comfortable front seats. The Rogue also has one of the largest cargo holds in the class and earns excellent fuel economy estimates.
According to reviewers, the Kia Sportage’s powerful turbocharged four-cylinder engines put out plenty of power for quick acceleration. They also like the Sportage’s agile handling and responsive steering, as well as its stylish cabin.
Details: 2015 Jeep Patriot
The 2015 Jeep Patriot seats five and has standard front-wheel drive. A five-speed manual transmission and 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine are standard. All-wheel drive and two full-time four-wheel drive systems are optional. The Patriot comes in three trims: Sport, Latitude and Limited. The Patriot was introduced in 2007 and sees few changes for the 2015 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2007 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Jeep Patriot
- View the best prices for the 2015 Jeep Patriot
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Jeep Patriot
- Search used Jeep Patriot for sale (5,742 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings