Jeep Patriot Review
The 2015 Jeep Patriot ranks 19 out of 19 Affordable Compact SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Jeep Patriot, as well as reliability and safety data.
The 2015 Jeep Patriot is ranked:
The 2015 Jeep Patriot can't compete with rivals with its weak engines, poor cargo space and subpar interior materials, according to reviewers, even though it has a low starting price.
Critics say the 2015 Jeep Patriot's standard four-cylinder engine and stronger optional four-cylinder engine are both too loud and leave the Patriot feeling underpowered. The Patriot comes standard with a manual transmission, while an automatic transmission is optional. Fuel economy is an EPA-estimated 23/30 mpg city/highway, which is on par for the class. Test drivers dislike the Patriot’s unwieldy handling and jarring ride quality over rough roads. According to reviewers, the Patriot is a decent off-road SUV when equipped with the available Freedom Drive II four-wheel drive option.
Unappealing and hard plastics line the interior of the Jeep Patriot, reviewers report. They say the front seats are roomy and comfortable, though the rear seats are cramped. The Patriot doesn't have a lot of standard features for the class, but reviewers find most of its basic controls easy to operate. A four-speaker stereo and an auxiliary audio jack are standard. Available features include Bluetooth, air conditioning, power windows, liftgate speakers, keyless entry, remote start, a touch-screen audio system, navigation, Uconnect Web with a Wi-Fi hot spot, satellite radio and a USB port. Reviewers agree that most dashboard controls are simple, and that the gauges are easy to read. However, they complain that the optional touch-screen audio system is dated and makes adjusting audio settings complicated. With 53.5 cubic feet of room, the Jeep Patriot has very little cargo space for the class.
- "The Jeep Patriot is an inexpensive compact crossover that offers above-average off-roading capability for what is, admittedly, a very pavement-bound segment. In other areas, such as fuel economy, interior quality, acceleration and overall refinement, the Patriot lags behind the majority of its competitors." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2015 Patriot is the least expensive new SUV you can buy, and it's a Jeep to boot. That's the good news. Other aspects of this inexpensive 5-passenger Jeep are not so bright. It is aging, rather unrefined and not all that fuel-efficient compared to fresher crossover SUVs such as the Subaru Forester and Mazda CX-5." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Only if you're searching for a new crossover that will fit a very tight budget will the Patriot make sense. Otherwise, the urbane 2015 Ford Escape, the sporty 2015 Mazda CX-5 and the popular 2015 Toyota RAV4 are all vastly superior choices. We're pretty fond of Jeep's new Cherokee, too. The Patriot isn't all bad, but by today's lofty standards, its retirement is overdue." -- Edmunds
- "The 2014 Jeep Patriot is billed as the best-priced SUV in America. That may be true, but as the old axiom goes, you get what you pay for." -- AutoTrader (2014)
Jeep Patriot Pictures & Videos
Other SUVs to Consider
The Nissan Rogue impresses reviewers with its well-appointed cabin, which they say features high-quality materials and comfortable front seats. The Rogue also has one of the largest cargo holds in the class and earns excellent fuel economy estimates.
According to reviewers, the Kia Sportage’s powerful turbocharged four-cylinder engines put out plenty of power for quick acceleration. They also like the Sportage’s agile handling and responsive steering, as well as its stylish cabin.
Details: 2015 Jeep Patriot
The 2015 Jeep Patriot seats five and has standard front-wheel drive. A five-speed manual transmission and 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine are standard. All-wheel drive and two full-time four-wheel drive systems are optional. The Patriot comes in three trims: Sport, Latitude and Limited. The Patriot was introduced in 2007 and sees few changes for the 2015 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2007 through 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Jeep Patriot
- View the best prices for the 2015 Jeep Patriot
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Jeep Patriot
- Search used Jeep Patriot for sale (5,742 listings)
- See Affordable Compact SUVs rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals