2009 Jeep Patriot Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
While the previous Jeep Patriot's interior was universally panned for its poor quality, the 2009 model wins praise with its new dashboard and better materials. Other pluses are the impressive cargo capacity (especially with the rear seat folded down) and a list of innovative options including flip-down liftgate speakers.
- "The new interior looks well-formed and thought-out." -- Kicking Tires
- "Inside, the Patriot's upright dash and flat expanse of hood make you feel as though you're in something substantial -- more truck than minivan -- and the simple controls are logically laid out." -- Automobile Magazine
- "Despite its small size, the Jeep Patriot seats five comfortably. In addition, there are a variety of handy cargo/people handling options." -- Popular Mechanics
Jeep Patriot Pictures
Though the five-seat Patriot is one of Jeep's smallest models, it doesn't skimp on space. However, the rear seats are uncomfortable for most reviewers.
- "The spacious interior offers plenty of leg and headroom for front and backseat passengers, with a high ride height that provides good visibility for drivers." -- Car Gurus
- "Adult-size headroom and legroom [in the rear]. However, the flat, too-soft seat lacks support. Narrow door openings complicate entry and exit." -- Consumer Guide
- "The [rear] bottom cushion must have been shaped by a steamroller. To make things worse, the flat seat bottom is too short and offers little thigh support. The backrest is as curvy as a plank, and the fold-down center armrest oops, there isn't one." -- Autobytel
While reviewers previously criticized the Patriot for its lack of standard features and low-quality materials, the 2009 model changes everything with a cabin redesign -- and reviewers' opinions are improving.
- "The Patriot's once-plasticky interior, widely panned by the automotive press two years ago, has been smartly upgraded for 2009, with a greater abundance of soft-touch plastics and stainless accents amid all the injection molds, and a higher overall level of finish." -- Four Wheeler
The Jeep Patriot may be a relatively small SUV, but it offers an impressive amount of cargo space, according to most reviewers. There's 23 cubic feet available with the rear seats up, and 54.2 cubic feet available with the rear seats folded flat. However, interior storage is limited.
- "With just the rear seats folded, there's still 54.2 cubic feet; and with all the seats in use there's 23.0 feet in the back, good for any compact SUV. The rear cargo area is something called Ultra Floor, a washable and removable vinyl. No worries with dogs and lawn mowers." -- New Car Test Drive