2011 Jeep Wrangler Recalls & Reliability
There have been 4 safety recalls issued from NHTSA.
Recall Date: 10/08/2014
- Consequence: An electrical short increases the risk of a fire.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 14V631000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 313,236
- Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2011-2013 Jeep Wrangler vehicles manufactured February 16, 2010, to July 19, 2013. Corrosion in the exterior heated power mirror electrical connector may result in an electrical short.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will move the exterior mirror power feed to a separate connector, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin December 5, 2014. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is P61.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 or go to www.safercar.gov.
AIR BAGSRecall Date: 05/07/2013
- Consequence: In the event of a crash necessitating airbag deployment, a broken electrical circuit in the airbag clockspring wiring assembly can lead to non-deployment of the driver-side frontal airbag and will not be able to properly protect the driver, increasing the risk of injuries.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 13V176000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 5,440
- Summary: Chrysler Group LLC (Chrysler) is recalling certain model year 2008-2012 Jeep Wrangler right-hand drive vehicles manufactured February 1, 2007, through October 10, 2011. The affected vehicles have airbag clockspring assemblies that could experience broken airbag circuits.
- Remedy: Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the clockspring and add a steering wheel dust shield, free of charge. The recall began on June 10, 2013. Owners may contact Chrysler at 1-800-247-9753. This recall supercedes NHTSA recall 11V-528. Chrysler's recall campaign number is M31.
- Notes: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
AIR BAGS:FRONTALRecall Date: 11/01/2011
- Consequence: A BROKEN ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT IN THE AIRBAG CLOCKSPRING WIRING ASSEMBLY CAN LEAD TO NON-DEPLOYMENT OF THE DRIVER FRONTAL AIRBAG AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROPERLY PROTECT THE DRIVER IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURIES.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 11V528000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 5,334
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2008-2012 RIGHT HAND DRIVE (RHD) JEEP WRANGLER VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM FEBRUARY 1, 2007, THROUGH OCTOBER 10, 2011. SOME VEHICLES MAY BE EQUIPPED WITH DRIVER'S AIRBAG CLOCKSPRING ASSEMBLIES THAT COULD EXPERIENCE A COMPROMISED AIRBAG CIRCUIT RESULTING IN AN AIRBAG LAMP ILLUMINATION, WHICH INDICATES THAT THE AIRBAG MAY NOT DEPLOY.
- Remedy: CHRYSLER WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REMEDY THE VEHICLES AS NECESSARY FREE OF CHARGE. CHRYSLER WILL MAIL TO OWNERS AN INTERIM NOTIFICATION ON OR BEFORE NOVEMBER 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: CHRYSLER'S RECALL NUMBER IS L37. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLYRecall Date: 03/01/2011
- Consequence: THIS COULD RESULT IN NOISE, OR ULTIMATELY, DEGRADATION IN STEERING AND HANDLING CHARACTERISTICS WHICH COULD LEAD TO LOSS OF DIRECTIONAL CONTROL OF THE VEHICLE INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 11V145000
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 20,459
- Summary: CHRYSLER IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2010-2011 JEEP WRANGLER VEHICLES MANUFACTURER FROM JULY 12, 2010, THROUGH SEPTEMBER 10, 2010. SOME VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE A DEGRADATION OF FASTENER TORQUE FOR VARIOUS FRONT AND REAR AXLE ATTACHMENTS TO THE CHASSIS MODULE.
- Remedy: DEALERS WILL RE-TORQUE ALL NINETEEN FASTENERS TO THE MAXIMUM RESIDUAL TORQUE VALUES. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING MARCH 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT CHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.
- Notes: CHRYSLER SAFETY RECALL NO. L09. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
Our reliability score is based on the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS) rating or, if unavailable, the J.D. Power Predicted Reliability rating.
- Among The Best
- Better Than Most
- About Average
- The Rest
Note that warranty coverage that came with the vehicle when it was new may not transfer to subsequent owners. Check with the manufacturer to see if a warranty may still apply.
Next Steps: 2011 Jeep Wrangler