2009 Kia Amanti Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
Auto writers, on balance, admire the Amanti's interior for its nice finish, comfortable seats, standard modern features and functional cargo hold.
- "Though not quite to premium-car standards, Amanti's interior is nicely finished with soft, high quality materials." -- Consumer Guide
- "The Amanti's handsome and well-appointed interior makes more of an impression than the car's exterior." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Amanti's interior is its strong point. In a few places, the materials in the Amanti's interior still aren't quite yet up to snuff." -- BusinessWeek
- "[N]ice touches like tasteful faux wood and metallic accents..." -- Edmunds
Though there's seating for five, most reviewers assert that its cabin is comfortable for only four adults. That's because the center position in the rear seat feels stiff.
- "Amanti offers ample headroom and legroom [in the front], even for taller adults. The generously sized seats are nicely contoured and especially comfortable. The standard power driver's seat and tilt steering wheel help tailor a good driving position. ... Legroom and headroom [in the rear] are good, even for six-footers. The seat is comfortable and nicely contoured. The large doors help make entering and exiting easy." -- Consumer Guide
- "There's plenty of legroom in the Amanti's rear seats, even with the front seats all the way back. However, I found the driver's seat a bit cramped. I'm 5 feet 10 inches tall and had the seat positioned as far back as it would go most of the time. A tall person would probably have to make space by tilting the seat back, which cuts into space for the passenger in back." -- BusinessWeek
- "Amanti is a roomy car, with an exceptionally large rear seat and trunk. We applaud the eight-way power driver's seat with power lumbar support, but wish Kia would offer the same features on the passenger's side as well." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Four tall adults easily fit, and the back seat is particularly spacious-although the center rear area is too hard for comfort. Front seats are very comfortable." -- MSN
Critics find the Amanti's interior well appointed, but still complain of some ergonomic quirks with its controls. For 2009, the Amanti gets a new audio system with Sirius Satellite Radio, MP3 capabilities, and an auxiliary jack. The Amanti's 4-inch monitor screen is also increased by 1.5-inches.
- "The gauges are large and easy to read with most commonly used controls falling readily to the driver's hand. Some testers found the center stack's look-a like controls to be hard to identify quickly in low light conditions." -- Consumer Guide
- "Kia didn't lighten the car by removing lots of equipment. It's well-equipped with such items as air conditioning with dual-zone automatic climate control, power front seats, cruise control, AM/FM/CD sound system with eight speakers, one-touch up-and-down anti-pinch power windows, dual illuminated sun visors, automatic-on headlights and power windows, door locks with remote keyless entry and heated body color mirrors." -- Chicago Sun-Times
- "Climate controls are large, but sound system controls should be larger. Front cupholders are positioned to avoid spills and covered when not in use for a tidier look." -- MSN
The '09 Amanti provides 15.9 cubic-feet of cargo room and plenty of on-board storage options, like dual-compartment glovebox and overhead sunglasses holder. Overall, reviewers appear satisfied.
- "Amanti's big trunk is usefully shaped and has a large opening. In-cabin storage includes a map pocket in each door, a two-level console bin, and a good-sized glovebox." -- Consumer Guide
- "The glove compartment is roomy, and the front console bin is moderately deep. Doors have storage pockets." -- MSN