Kia Cadenza Review
The 2015 Kia Cadenza ranks 4 out of 11 Affordable Large Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Kia Cadenza, as well as reliability and safety data.
Automotive journalists say the 2015 Kia Cadenza delivers superior ride comfort, numerous user-friendly standard features and a top-notch interior.
The 2015 Kia Cadenza comes with a V6 engine that test drivers are generally pleased with. They say it is refined and delivers good power that makes highway passing easy, but a few note the Cadenza's acceleration from a stop isn't as quick as some competitors'. A six-speed automatic transmission in the Cadenza provides perfect downshifts, critics say, but some find the upshifts slow at times. With an EPA-estimated 19/28 mpg city/highway, the Cadenza’s fuel economy is typical for the class. Test drivers agree that the Cadenza has a particularly comfortable ride and feels planted through turns, though some say the Cadenza’s handling falls short of athletic. Automotive journalists like the Cadenza’s steering, which they say has good feedback.
Reviewers say the 2015 Kia Cadenza's interior is pleasant, with a well-constructed, handsome cabin and spacious front and rear seats. The Kia Cadenza has 15.9 cubic feet of cargo space, which is a bit less room than most cars in the class offer. However, reviewers say the trunk still has more than enough room for loading large items. The base Cadenza comes standard with a 12-speaker Infinity surround-sound stereo system, a rearview camera, rear parking sensors, Bluetooth, dual-zone automatic climate control, push-button start and Kia’s UVO infotainment system with navigation and an 8-inch touch screen. Options include a surround-view monitor, rear cross traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning and blind spot monitoring. Automotive journalists say the Cadenza's infotainment system is straightforward and features a crisp display.
- "The Kia Cadenza is a full-size, near-luxury four-door that's packed to the brim with convenience and technology features. For those seeking a comfortable and well-equipped cruiser, the Cadenza represents a good choice and a strong value." -- Left Lane News
- "The upscale V6-powered 2015 Kia Cadenza isn't just nice ‘for a Kia.’ It's one of the best large, front-wheel-drive sedans and features restrained styling, smooth driving dynamics and many desirable components." -- AutoTrader
- "The Chevrolet Impala comes closest to beating the Cadenza at its own game in looks and features, but the Cadenza still merits strong consideration for anybody looking for a comfortable and luxurious full-size sedan." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "The Cadenza excels at being a quiet, comfortable, roomy, unpretentious cruiser. …" -- Motor Trend (2014)
Kia Cadenza Pictures & Videos
Other Cars to Consider
The Chevrolet Impala’s available V6 engine produces authoritative power and swift acceleration, reviewers say. The Impala has a larger trunk than the Cadenza, and its interior features comfortable, spacious seats that impress test drivers.
Automotive writers say that, like the Cadenza, the Toyota Avalon features a balanced ride and top-notch interior materials. The Avalon comes with a good amount of standard features, and it gets slightly better fuel economy than the Cadenza.
Details: 2015 Kia Cadenza
The 2015 Kia Cadenza seats five and comes with front-wheel drive. A 3.3-liter V6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission are standard. The Cadenza comes in two trims: Premium and Limited. The Cadenza was an all-new model in 2014 and sees few changes for the 2015 model year. As a result, this overview uses applicable research and reviews from the 2014 to 2015 model years.
Next Steps: Kia Cadenza
- View the best prices for the 2015 Kia Cadenza
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Kia Cadenza
- Search used Kia Cadenza for sale (347 listings)
- See Affordable Large Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals