Kia Forte Interior
Automotive reviewers say the 2015 Kia Forte’s interior is well-built, and that there is a nice balance of style, amenities and comfort. Some reviewers add that the quality of the materials used in the Forte is above average for the class and even rivals that of premium compact cars.
- "Inside the 2015 Kia Forte, you'll find a heavy helping of tech, a side of comfort, and a hint of whimsy thanks to touches like the vertical ripples on the passenger-side dash. It's all very well done." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Far from being an economy car stuffed with gadgets, the new Kia Forte boasts a handsome cabin furnished with quality materials that, in the higher trim levels, would give premium-brand compacts a run for their money." -- Edmunds
- "Not only is the exterior styling both sophisticated and sporty (clearly Kia's poaching of ex-Audi designer Peter Schreyer is paying dividends), but the interior features design elements and a material quality that are above average in the entry-level compact segment." -- Motor Trend
- "Materials are generally good, especially in the front seats, but cost-cutting is inevitable at this price point and you'll find some hard plastics on the back of the front seats. Kia doesn't skimp on build quality, and that shows throughout the cabin. The Forte's interior should exceed most customers' expectations." -- MSN (2014)
Kia Forte Pictures
The 2015 Kia Forte seats five, and the sedan, coupe and hatchback models all come standard with cloth upholstery as well as a six-way adjustable driver’s seat. Available seating options on higher trims include upgraded cloth upholstery, leather upholstery, heated front and rear seats, a 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, a ventilated driver’s seat and a heated steering wheel.
Auto writers say the Forte sedan’s back seat is particularly comfortable, and that front and rear legroom is above average for the class. A few reviewers praise the seating position of the driver’s seat, saying it offers excellent visibility. However, some reviewers note that road noise is evident at highway speeds.
- "Yet what I like best is the driving position, which combines a relatively low cowl with a squared-up driving position, and you get kind of expansive field of view that you want on the narrow canyon roads out here around Los Angeles." -- Automobile Magazine (Forte5)
- "There's class-leading legroom up front, and the outboard rear seats are roomy enough to hold average-sized adults." -- Left Lane News
- "The back seat is on the large size for its class, and it offers the uncommon option of rear-seat heating." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Seat comfort front and rear is very good thanks to thick, well-bolstered seats. Even 6-foot adults should be comfortable sitting in back." -- Edmunds
- "Some road noise becomes apparent at highway speeds, but at least the Forte's amenities make it a pleasant place to spend a few hours at a time, even if we sometimes felt a bit lost in the all-black cabin." -- AutoTrader
Standard features on the 2015 Kia Forte include Bluetooth, a four-speaker stereo, satellite radio and USB and auxiliary inputs. A six-speaker stereo, push-button start, cruise control, navigation, a rearview camera, dual-zone automatic climate control, a power sunroof, HD Radio and Kia’s UVO infotainment system with a 4.3-inch touch-screen display are optional.
Critics think the Forte’s interior offers high-tech features that are smartly designed. They rave about the UVO infotainment system, saying it is one of the best around, regardless of class, for its well-organized control layout and simple operation.
- "Quirky details aside, material quality is more than respectable and the control layout is largely intuitive." -- Left Lane News
- "Kia has invested a lot of time and effort in its UVO infotainment system and it shows. Though the screen is relatively small (as most tend to be in this segment), it is fairly intuitive to navigate. Pairing an iPhone was both fast and easy. The included rearview backup camera is a nice addition, and we had no major issues with the navigation system in our time with the car." -- Motor Trend
- "What's more, the Forte's high-tech features are well designed and easy to use. The touchscreen interface, with its large, logically positioned ‘buttons,’ is one of the best examples of this technology, regardless of market segment or price range." -- Edmunds
- "The EX comes with Kia's UVO touch-screen infotainment system, which is simple to operate thanks to large, easy-to-read on-screen buttons as well as a few redundant hard buttons. And the entire cabin looks sharp and modern-the fonts and shapes of the physical items match those in the (optional) 4.2-inch color gauge-cluster display. This is something many brands neglect to do." -- Car and Driver (2014)
The 2015 Forte sedan has 14.9 cubic feet of cargo space, which is good for the class. The hatchback model has 23.2 cubic feet of space, and the Koup has 13.3 cubic feet of space. Reviewers say the Forte offers a good amount of cargo area for the class, and that the 60/40 split-folding rear seats, available in all body styles, expand the space easily. A few auto writers note that although the sedan’s cargo area is fairly large, the odd shape of the space can make packing tricky. They add, however, that the trunk has a large opening, and that there are useful small-item storage spaces throughout.
- "The Forte sedan is also very generous when it comes to cargo capacity, boasting a trunk capacity of 14.9 cubic feet. The Forte 5 hatchback offers 23.2 cubic feet." -- Edmunds
- "The Kia offers a good amount of rear cargo volume, and the 60/40 split rear folding seats make light Ikea runs a real possibility." -- Motor Trend (Forte5)
- "The trunk is among the category's roomiest, measuring almost 15 cubic feet, and if that's not enough, there's the Forte5 hatchback and its 23 cubic feet." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Cargo volume is decent at 14.9 cubic feet, but packing is slightly compromised by wheel arch intrusion and sickle-shaped trunklid hinges. At least the trunk's opening is large enough for fairly bulky suitcases, and the rear seat backs can be folded to extend the load space. Interior small-item storage is pretty good, with a roomy glovebox, handy center-console bin, a covered bin ahead of the shifter, and narrow but long door pockets with bottle holders." -- Consumer Guide (2014)
Next Steps: Kia Forte
- View the best prices for the 2015 Kia Forte
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Kia Forte
- Search used Kia Forte for sale (5,361 listings)
- See Affordable Small Cars rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals