Kia Optima Hybrid Interior
Most reviewers write that the 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid has an appealing, contemporary interior design and high-quality cabin materials. However, the Optima Hybrid has a smaller trunk than most other hybrid sedans, and test drivers report that the rear seats are a bit short on headroom.
- "There's a distinct European and modern look to the design, and overall interior quality is helped by an abundance of soft-touch materials." -- Edmunds
- "Material quality is above-average for the segment, with nicely-grained plastics and well-placed soft-touch elements." -- Left Lane News
- "Materials appear high-quality throughout, and controls move with precision." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
The 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid seats five and comes standard with cloth upholstery. Available features include leather upholstery, power-adjustable, heated and cooled front seats, heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel. Test drivers write that the Optima Hybrid’s front and back seats are comfortable and provide ample legroom, but they say that rear-seat headroom is lacking, especially when the car is equipped with the available panoramic sunroof.
- "The Optima has a fairly spacious cabin, with comfortable seats and a useful amount of legroom front and rear. Headroom (particularly in back) is a bit tight due to the car's rakish, coupelike roof line. Taller consumers should definitely think twice about getting the optional panoramic sunroof, as it further decreases headroom." -- Edmunds
- "The front seats are pretty comfortable for tall folks, but the Optima's sharply raked rear roofline may cause some headroom issues for the rear-seat passengers." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "There's plenty of legroom for all passengers, although rear headroom is slightly compromised by the dramatic roofline." -- Left Lane News
Standard features in the 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid include satellite radio, Bluetooth, a USB port, push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control and a cooled glove box. Available features include an eight-speaker Infinity audio system, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, rear parking sensors, a rearview camera, a panoramic sunroof, a navigation system with an 8-inch touch-screen display and Kia’s voice-activated UVO infotainment system, which can connect with your smartphone and provide access to apps like Pandora Internet radio.
Reviewers are impressed with the number of high-end features available in the Optima Hybrid, noting that things like the panoramic sunroof and heated rear seats aren’t even available on all luxury vehicles. Automotive journalists write that the UVO infotainment system functions well, and they add that it is easy to operate the audio and navigation systems with the Optima Hybrid’s available 8-inch touch screen.
- "Where most midsize sedans follow a rather conservative path, the Optima ventures toward the exotic. Its interior is loaded with features virtually unheard of in the midsize family-sedan class (such as an available heated rear seat and panoramic glass roof) and absent even on some luxury brands." -- AutoTrader
- "In our testing of Uvo, we've found that it works quite well. The touchscreen interface in navigation-equipped Optimas is easy to use for navigation purposes and operating the stereo." -- Edmunds
- "Backlit, inset gauges are easy to see in most any lighting condition." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
The 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid has 10.8 cubic feet of trunk space, which is less than what most midsize hybrid sedans have. However, the Optima Hybrid does come with 60/40 split-folding rear seats, which not all hybrid sedans offer. Reviewers are pleased with the storage spaces that are available for small items in the Optima Hybrid’s cabin.
- "Interior small-item storage is good." -- Consumer Guide (2013)
Next Steps: Kia Optima Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2014 Kia Optima Hybrid
- Search used Kia Optima Hybrid for sale (16,024 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings