Kia Optima Hybrid Interior
The majority of auto reviewers think the 2013 Optima Hybrid’s cabin is filled with upscale materials, but some note that it has poor-quality plastics that aren’t as good as the materials in rivals’ cabins. The seats in the Optima Hybrid are liked for their comfort and space, though some critics dislike the lack of headroom due to the sloping roofline.
- "While we love the look of the 2013 Kia Optima sedan's interior, some of the plastic on the dash and steering wheel still lack the quality look and feel found in Honda, Mazda and even some GM and Ford products." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Materials appear high-quality throughout, and controls move with precision." -- Consumer Guide (2012)
- "On the inside, the fit-and-finish is first-rate, the ergonomics are solid, and the slight angle of the cockpit toward the driver is a very nice touch." -- HybridCars.com (2011)
- "Nor does the cabin spoil the plot. Here, too, the Optima Hybrid is largely similar to the base Optima, and that's no bad thing." -- Edmunds (2011)
Reviewers are somewhat divided on the 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid’s seats. Most say the seats are comfortable and spacious, but others say that rear-seat passengers may be short on headroom due to the sloping roofline, and that the seats are somewhat unsupportive. Cloth seats are standard, and if you choose the EX trim, you’ll get leather heated and cooled front seats and leather heated rear seats. An eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat and four-way power-adjustable front passenger seat are also available.
- "The front seats are pretty comfortable for tall folks, but the Optima's sharply-raked rear roofline may cause some headroom issues for the rear-seat passengers." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Optima's seats are comfortable and supportive. Visibility is fine in any direction. Headroom and legroom are adequate for 6-footers. The bench seat is comfortable, and the door openings are shaped for easy entry and exit." -- Consumer Guide
- "It's a handsome cabin with seats that are on the flat side and enough room front and rear to keep everyone on speaking terms." -- Edmunds (2011)
- "The interior features the same attractive, comfortable seats and swank décor as in other Optimas. …" -- Car and Driver (2011)
The 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid comes standard with satellite radio, Bluetooth, USB and auxiliary jacks, push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control and a cooled glove box. Optional features include Kia’s voice-activated UVO infotainment system, an Infinity audio system, navigation, a heated steering wheel, power-folding sideview mirrors, a rearview camera and a panoramic sunroof.
Critics don’t discuss the Optima Hybrid’s features much, but one says the gauges are easy to read. The same reviewer also notes that the controls on the steering wheel are hard to see.
- "Backlit, inset gauges are easy to see in most any lighting condition. This is in direct contrast to the steering-wheel buttons, which are not well-lit at all. The available navigation system absorbs some audio functions, but the most basic settings are controlled with buttons on the steering wheel or center of the dashboard." -- Consumer Guide
In hybrid cars, cargo space usually suffers compared with gas-only cars because the battery pack takes up trunk space. The 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid has 10.8 cubic feet of space, which is less than the 12 cubic feet of trunk room in the Ford Fusion Hybrid and the 15.4 cubic feet in the gas-only Optima. Although critics are disappointed with the Optima Hybrid’s small trunk, one is happy with the interior storage spaces. Although the rear seats don’t fold down to boost cargo space, there is a pass-through for longer items.
- "Interior small-item storage is good." -- Consumer Guide
- "Trunk volume is somewhat smaller than the base car due to the hybrid battery pack snuggled up tight against the backseat." -- Edmunds (2011)
Next Steps: Kia Optima Hybrid
- View the best prices for the 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid
- Search used Kia Optima Hybrid for sale (20,272 listings)
- See Affordable Midsize Cars rankings