2009 Kia Rondo Interior
This interior review was created when the car was new. Some links may no longer point to an active page.
Most auto writers applaud Kia for the Rondo's refined and practical interior cabin. However, a few reviewers have a different take on interior quality
- "Its cockpit is logically laid out, the seating is comfortable and hauling room is both generous and variable." -- Edmunds
- "High seats, a tall roof and large glass area provide the quiet, nicely done interior with an airy feel." -- MSN
- "The Rondo's interior is filled with severely molded plastic. The bulky, gray stuff makes up most of the substantial areas of the interior -- including the dash, glove box and center stack -- and probably contributed to the opinion of many who sat in the Rondo that the cabin felt cheap." -- Cars.com
With 107.8 cubic feet of passenger volume in the five-seat version, the Kia Rondo packs a lot of space into a modestly sized wagon. For an extra cost, a third-row bench seat increases passenger capacity to seven. Most reviewers find the Rondo comfortable in either its five-seat or seven-seat configurations.
- "Looking at pictures, you might not believe that the Rondo can hold three rows of seats. It doesn't look that big on paper, especially from the side view which makes it look like a competitor to the little Honda Fit hatchback." -- MSN
The Rondo comes in three different LX models -- the base, the four-cylinder engine and the V6 engine. The base model (without the V6) is differentiated by its standard interior features. It comes with power windows and door locks, but doesn't include cruise control or air-conditioning. The EX model includes standard air-conditioning and cruise control, as well as other interior conveniences. Options not offered on any trim include a navigation system, rear entertainment system and rear-park assist.
- "Kia's tendency to leave the evidence where optional equipment would have gone; without the optional steering-wheel audio controls, for instance, the steering wheel features blank plastic buttons on its left side." -- Cars.com
- "Several options typically offered on other wagons and crossover-type vehicles aren't available on the Rondo." -- MSN
The 2009 Kia Rondo provides 6.5 cubic feet of cargo space with all three rows in place. In five-seat models (or with the third row folded down), that increases to 31.7 cubic feet. With both the second row and the optional third row folded down, space increases to an even bigger 74.4 cubic feet. The 60/40-split second-row seat folds completely forward and the 50/50-split third-row seatbacks fold flat. The first-row passenger seatback also folds forward to accommodate long objects.