Kia Sedona Interior
The 2016 Kia Sedona's cabin is remarkably quiet and features a handsome design, high-end materials and lots of features, critics say. The dashboard controls and infotainment system are easy to use, according to auto writers. Cargo capacity is typical for the class. Test drivers note that the Sedona has less rear-seat space than the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna.
- "In remaking the Sedona, Kia put a priority on noise suppression, and the work has paid off. This Kia minivan is exceptionally quiet." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "Arguably the Sedona's strongest trait is how supremely quiet it is: at 60mph, it's so mausoleum-serene that you could hear a child in the third row have an epiphany." -- AutoWeek (2015)
- "I'm a big fan of the Sedona's interior. Kia designed this vehicle with the intention of bringing something both premium and versatile to market, and after spending a couple hours in it, there's no question in my mind that they've succeeded." -- Autoblog (2015)
- "All Sedonas share roughly the same dashboard design, and it's a selling point, boasting upscale materials and controls that are shared with premium products such as Kia's Cadenza and K900 sedans." -- AutoTrader (2015)
Kia Sedona Pictures
The 2016 Kia Sedona seats seven on anti-stain cloth upholstery. An available second-row center seat increases seating capacity to eight. Other available features include leather upholstery, power-adjustable front seats, heated and ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, heated second-row seats and second-row lounge seats that recline and have leg rests.
According to test drivers, the Kia Sedona has less rear-seat room than the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna, and critics note that the third row is best reserved for children. The optional second-row lounge seats provide impressive legroom, according to critics, though they note that taller adults may not have enough space to completely stretch out when the seat is reclined.
- "The Sedona is far roomier than a 3-row SUV, but trails rivals like the Odyssey and Sienna in back-seat passenger room and cargo capacity behind the 3rd-row seats." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "These reclining captain's chairs with extendable footrests are designed to emulate first-class airplane seats and live up to their billing by providing enormous amounts of legroom and plush cushioning." -- Automobile Magazine (2015)
- "With the leg rests extended, your 6-foot-1-inch author was unable to stretch out his legs fully due to insufficient rearward seat travel, but his 5-foot-7-inch driving partner could cross his legs at the ankles and kick back in style." -- AutoTrader (2015)
- "The third row is, as is the case with most three-row vehicles, a place better left to kids and adults of a smaller stature." -- Autoblog (2015)
Standard features in the 2016 Kia Sedona include Bluetooth, satellite radio, a USB port and a 4.3-inch touch screen. A rearview camera is newly standard for 2016. Available features include dual sunroofs, a cooled glove box, tri-zone automatic climate control, power-sliding rear doors, push-button start, a six-speaker audio system, an eight-speaker Infinity audio system, a surround-view parking camera system, front and rear parking sensors, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic monitoring, lane departure warning, forward collision warning, navigation and Kia’s UVO touch-screen infotainment system.
The 2016 Sedona has user-friendly controls that are laid out so they're easy to find, according to critics, who add that the available UVO infotainment system has a big, easy-to-use touch-screen. Test drivers also like that the Sedona has a long list of available features.
- "It's an unexpectedly luxurious environment, and the generous features confirm this impression. …" -- AutoTrader (2015)
- "Soft-touch materials abound, and most everything is ergonomically laid out so the driver doesn't have to search for radio or climate control buttons." -- Autoblog (2015)
- "Infotainment and HVAC controls are arranged horizontally and are intuitive to use." -- Edmunds (2015)
- "… the appealing horizontal dashboard layout is also surprisingly simple to use, with clearly marked buttons and a large, bright touchscreen for Kia's intuitive UVO infotainment interface." -- Automobile Magazine (2015)
The 2016 Kia Sedona has 33.9 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third-row seats, 78.4 with the third row folded into the floor and 142 when the Sedona’s standard Slide-n-Stow second-row seats are slid into an upright position. Test drivers report that the second- and third-row seats are easy to adjust for carrying cargo. However, some note that it is easier to carry bulky cargo in a minivan with removable seats, such as the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna, both of which also offer a bit more overall cargo space. The Sedona is available with a hands-free power liftgate and a removable flashlight in the cargo area.
- "And like a minivan, it's got plenty of room. Its seats fold away easily. It will swallow children and stuff until its 10-year, 100,000-mile warranty expires." -- AutoWeek (2015)
- "The [Slide-n-Stow] mechanism works pretty smoothly, and although the seats look a bit strange pressed up against the front row, like kids peeking over the front occupants' shoulders, they open up a competitive 142 cu ft. of space." -- AutoTrader (2015)
- "Kia's decision to not offer removable seats is based on consumer feedback. However, there's no denying the fact that ultimate cargo volume (the ability to carry a 4-by-8-foot sheet of plywood, for example) is easier in a van with no seats." -- Edmunds (2015)
Research Prices: 2016 Kia Sedona
Over 50,000 car shoppers have purchased a car through the U.S. News Best Price Program. Our pricing beat the national average 86% of the time with shoppers receiving average savings of $3,221 off MSRP across vehicles. See what others paid for the Kia Sedona and get upfront pricing to make sure you don't overpay. Learn More »
Next Steps: Kia Sedona
- View the best prices for the 2016 Kia Sedona
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2016 Kia Sedona
- Search used Kia Sedona for sale (2,223 listings)
- See Minivans rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals