Kia Sedona Performance
Reviewers say the 2014 Kia Sedona has a powerful V6 engine, adequate handling and a comfortable ride.
- "The Sedona features a powerful standard V6 engine, full complement of safety features and plenty of goodies to keep you and the family happy for hours on end." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "To its credit, the 2014 Sedona still has some nice attributes, including a smooth ride, secure handling, attractive pricing, a roomy interior and, of course, Kia's healthy warranty coverage." -- Edmunds
Acceleration and Power
The 2014 Kia Sedona is powered by a 269-horsepower, 3.5-liter V6 engine, which is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. According to the EPA, the 2014 Sedona gets 17/24 mpg city/highway, which is below-average for the class.
Test drivers agree that the Kia Sedona’s V6 engine delivers enough power for everyday driving, and that the Sedona offers above-average acceleration. Additionally, one reviewer says that the six-speed automatic transmission operates smoothly.
- "Just one powertrain combination is available: a 3.5-liter V6 that teams with a six-speed automatic and produces 269 horsepower along with 246 lb-ft of torque. The pair provides above-average acceleration, and fuel economy is rated at a respectable 17 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway." -- Left Lane News
- "The 2014 Kia Sedona's V6 engine delivers the performance expected for a minivan, with suitable power for tooling around town and quickly getting up to speed on freeway entrance ramps." -- Edmunds
- "The 2014 Kia Sedona's 269-horsepower V6 is a strong performer, backed by a 6-speed automatic that shows no signs of gear hunting or abrupt gear changes under hard acceleration." -- Kelley Blue Book
Handling and Braking
Reviewers say the Sedona has a comfortable ride, and while they agree that its handling is not extraordinary, they do think that it handles predictably. One test driver also writes that the Sedona has solid steering and braking performance.
- "For the most part, we found the Sedona's steering and braking to be above-board and the interior sound levels sufficiently low as to allow normal conversation between people sitting in different rows." -- Kelley Blue Book
- "With a suspension consisting of MacPherson struts up front and a multilink setup at the rear, the Sedona's chassis provides a cushy ride and predictable, albeit uninspired, handling dynamics." -- Left Lane News
- "The Sedona's ride quality is also quite comfortable, enough so that your brood might very well nod off on longer trips. Through turns, the suspension delivers secure, though unremarkable, handling." -- Edmunds