Kia Sedona Review
The 2015 Kia Sedona ranks 4 out of 7 Minivans. This ranking is based on our analysis of published reviews and test drives of the Kia Sedona, as well as reliability and safety data.
Reviewers says its ride could be more comfortable, but they like the redesigned 2015 Kia Sedona's lavish interior and numerous high-tech features.
The 2015 Kia Sedona comes with a V6 engine that critics say provides sufficient low-speed acceleration but lacks highway passing power. The standard six-speed automatic transmission in the Sedona is slow-shifting, which contributes to the minivan's poor acceleration at higher speeds, test drivers say. The 2015 Kia Sedona's fuel economy, at an EPA-estimated 18/24 mpg city/highway, is typical for the class. Reviewers think the Sedona has dull handling, even compared to other minivans, and some write that its ride is rough. However, others think that the Sedona rides smoothly.
Automotive writers appreciate the 2015 Kia Sedona's handsome interior design and premium materials. Test drivers find the cabin very hushed, and they like the user-friendly audio and climate controls. The Sedona’s standard Slide-n-Stow second-row seats are easy to use and create additional cargo space by sliding into a vertical position, reviewers say. Other standard features in the 2015 Sedona include Bluetooth, a four-speaker audio system, satellite radio and a USB port. Available features include a dual sunroof, a cooled glove box, tri-zone automatic climate control, push-button start, power-sliding rear doors, a power liftgate, an eight-speaker Infinity audio system, a surround-view parking camera system, adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic monitoring, lane departure warning, forward collision warning, front and rear parking sensors, navigation, Kia’s UVO touch-screen infotainment system, leather upholstery, power-adjustable front seats, heated and ventilated front seats, heated second-row seats and reclining second-row lounge seats with built-in footrests.
- "Given Kia's tendency to push the envelope with its new products, we were honestly expecting something a bit more radical, but the 2015 Kia Sedona is undoubtedly a strong contender, and its vastly improved style and features make it a serious player where its predecessor wasn't." -- AutoTrader
- "Against its rivals, the Sedona's quietness, starting price, and trick Lounge seats make it worth a serious look." -- AutoWeek
- "With the third-generation Sedona, Kia has focused too much on appearances and not enough on basic minivan tenets such as comfort, practicality, and family friendliness. Its luxury and style impress on the red carpet, but there's not enough substance underneath to bring Kia's MPV up from the B-list." -- Automobile Magazine
- "If you're after a minivan with ample features for marginally less than most of the competition, the Sedona is your van." -- Edmunds
Kia Sedona Pictures & Videos
Other Minivans to Consider
Most reviewers appreciate the Dodge Grand Caravan’s strong acceleration and poised handling. The Grand Caravan’s available Stow ‘n Go second- and third-row seats fold flat into the floor, which makes expanding the cargo area a breeze, according to critics.
The Toyota Sienna has one of the largest cargo areas in the class, and it’s the only minivan available with all-wheel drive. Test drivers say it has excellent interior materials, roomy second- and third-row seats and a very comfortable ride.
Details: 2015 Kia Sedona
The Kia Sedona has been completely redesigned for 2015. The Sedona seats up to eight people and comes in L, LX, EX, SX and SX Limited trims. Every trim has a 3.3-liter V6 engine, a six-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive.
Next Steps: Kia Sedona
- View the best prices for the 2015 Kia Sedona
- Calculate monthly payment and apply for a loan
- See what others paid for the 2015 Kia Sedona
- Search used Kia Sedona for sale (2,223 listings)
- See Minivans rankings
- Find Best Deals: Purchase Deals Lease Deals Used Deals