Kia Sorento Recalls & Reliability
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL:ACCELERATOR PEDALRecall Date: 02/12/2015
- Summary: Kia Motors America (Kia) is recalling certain model year 2016 Sorento vehicles manufactured October 27, 2014, to January 29, 2015. Due to an improperly soldered component in the accelerator pedal assembly, the driver may not be able to accelerate the vehicle.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 12361
- Consequence: If the vehicle is unable to be accelerated, there is an increased risk of a crash.
- Remedy: Kia will notify owners, and dealers will replace the accelerator assembly, free of charge. The recall began on February 19, 2015. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC115.
- Dates of Manufacture OCT 26, 2014 to JAN 28, 2015
- Manufacturer Recall Number: SC115
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 15V089000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
Kia covers the 2016 Sorento with a five-year/60,000-mile limited warranty and a 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.