2012 Lamborghini Aventador Recalls & Reliability
Review Last Updated: 10/10/13
There has been 1 safety recall issued from NHTSA.
EXTERIOR LIGHTINGRecall Date: 12/04/2012
- Summary: Lamborghini is recalling certain model year 2012 Aventador vehicles manufactured July 15, 2011, through April 20, 2012 for failing to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment." The affected vehicles may have headlights that can be aimed horizontally but not vertically.
- Potential Number of Units Affected: 144
- Consequence: An incorrect headlamp aim could reduce the drivers visibility and possibly blind oncoming traffic. Either condition may increase the risk of crash.
- Remedy: Lamborghini will notify owners, and dealers will enable the vertical aiming and disable the horizontal aiming of the headlights, free of charge. Owners may contact Lamborghini at 1-866-681-6276.
- Notes: Lamborghini's recall campaign number is LB834-R.09.12. Customers may contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
- NHTSA Campaign ID: 12V561000
There is no reliability data available for this vehicle.
A three-year/unlimited-mileage basic warranty comes with the 2012 Lamborghini Aventador. Lamborghini also provides roadside assistance and coverage for the drivetrain during that time.
This coverage is shorter than some competing exotic sports cars, but most competitors have some sort of mileage restriction on their coverage. The 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, for example, comes with a four-year/50,000-mile limited warranty.
Next Steps: Lamborghini Aventador