2011 Lamborghini Gallardo
- Used Lamborghini Gallardo
2011 Lamborghini Gallardo Review
The 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo has one-of-a-kind exterior styling, insane performance and a fantastic interior. These characteristics combine to make one of the fastest, sexiest exotic sports cars on the market.
The automotive industry thinks the 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo is an amazing exotic sports car. It’s powerful, and the Supperleggera model, which is 154 pounds lighter than base model, is extra fun to drive. It has some of the best handling capabilities in its class, and reviewers say standard all-wheel drive keeps the Gallardo glued to the pavement. To top it off, the Gallardo has an eye-catching exterior.
Without a doubt, the Lamborghini Gallardo is a great specimen, but it’s not suited for daily driving. For one thing, its unique body structure makes visibility poor, and compared to other models in the class, the Gallardo doesn’t have a lot of standard tech features. You’ll have to turn to the Aston Martin DB9 for standard Bluetooth, navigation and iPod integration.
But, if you’re looking for a superfast Gallardo and are more than willing to sacrifice a few amenities, go for the LP 570-4 Superaleggera. It’s lighter – Lamborghini even dropped its leather seats and replaced them with synthetic material to shed some weight – and faster than the base model. Fox News writes, "In fact, in many ways the Superleggera is the ultimate factory tuner car, and a god among the mod squad."
Other Sports Cars to Consider
When it comes down to it, the 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo trades comfort for performance, so if you’re in the market for a grand tourer, start with the Aston Martin DB9. It has one of the most luxurious interiors on the market and comes standard with satellite radio, navigation, Bluetooth and rear parking sensors – features you have to pay extra for on the Gallardo.
However, if performance is the name of your game, shoot for the Ferrari California. It has a 4.8-liter V8 engine, which is smaller than the Gallardo’s V10, but reviewers like the California’s performance just as much. The California costs nearly $200,000, and the Gallardo tops $200,000, so if those figures are out of your range, try the Audi R8. The R8 starts at about $114,000, but that doesn’t mean it can’t hang with the rest of the pack. Reviewers think its V8 and V10 engines are smooth and powerful.
Details: 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo
The 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo is available in coupe and convertible body styles. It’s also available in several models: the LP 560-4, the LP 560-4 Spyder, the LP 570-4 Superaleggera, the 550-2 Valentino Balboni, the 570-4 Spyder Performante and the Bicolore. This year, automotive journalists spend a lot of time discussing the Superleggera, which is 154 pounds lighter than the LP 560-4 to enhance performance.
- "For now we are content to celebrate Lamborghini's decision to build a truly hard-core exotic and give Ferrari something to worry about, aside from the pretty lime-green paint." -- Road and Track
- "A sleek machine and newest member to the Gallardo (pronounced guy-ar-doe) family, it does something to you. Maybe it's an escape, a fantasy, or just the only opportunity to drive an Italian work of art." -- Detroit News
- "In fact, in many ways the Superleggera is the ultimate factory tuner car, and a god among the mod squad." -- Fox News
- "The high-performance Lamborghini Gallardo represents the essence of exotic ultra-luxury." -- Cars.com
Next Steps: Lamborghini Gallardo
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Lamborghini Gallardo for sale (137 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Lamborghini Gallardo
- See Exotic Sports Cars rankings