2009 Lamborghini Gallardo
- Used Lamborghini Gallardo
2009 Lamborghini Gallardo Review
The Lamborghini Gallardo is lust on wheels -- combining sexy, look-at-me styling with mind-numbing performance capabilities.
For 2009, the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 undergoes a series of changes that lead Automobile Magazine to describe it as lying "between a 'face-lift' and an 'all new car." To start with, its new acronym -- LP560-4 -- stands for its engine's position (Longitudinale Posteriore, or longitudinally-mid mounted), horsepower output (560), and standard four-wheel drivetrain. Add to that a more powerful engine, reworked E-gear transmission, lighter weight, refreshed sheet metal, and reconfigured interior ergonomics and its easy to see why some describe the 2009 Gallardo as an entirely new car.
Overall, critics are pleased with the changes -- reporting that it enhances this already menacing vehicle's aggressiveness and functionality. Still if you're in the market for an exotic sports car, also consider the Aston Martin DB9. It looks more elegant than aggressive, but still packs a mean punch with its 470-horsepower V12 engine. The Gallardo is more powerful, but the DB9 is a magnificent handler and easier to live with on a day-to-day basis.
Though the Gallardo's Superleggera trim has been dropped, reviewers expect a LP560-4 Spyder (convertible) to hit the market in late-2009.
- "With rakish good looks, an Audi-inspired interior and a wailing 10-cylinder engine, the 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 is the stuff that automotive dreams are made of." -- Edmunds
- "Lamborghinis have always been rare, fast, and exciting. But they haven't always been good cars. The new Gallardo LP560-4 -- and, to a large extent, its acronym-free Gallardo predecessor -- is a very good car, however, pretty much any way you slice it. Well built, well equipped, and generally reliable, the Gallardo is a car one can actually drive each and every day." -- Car and Driver
- "For now we are content to celebrate Lamborghini's decision to build a truly hard-core exotic and give Ferrari something to worry about, aside from the pretty lime-green paint." -- Road and Track
- "A sleek machine and newest member to the Gallardo (pronounced guy-ar-doe) family, it does something to you. Maybe it's an escape, a fantasy, or just the only opportunity to drive an Italian work of art." -- Detroit News
Next Steps: Lamborghini Gallardo
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Lamborghini Gallardo for sale (127 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Lamborghini Gallardo
- See Exotic Sports Cars rankings