2009 Lamborghini Gallardo
- Used Lamborghini Gallardo
2009 Lamborghini Gallardo Interior
The '09 Gallardo is more functional, comfortable, and ergonomically sound than ever -- thanks to a refresh by its parent company, Audi.
- "It's clear from the 2009 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4's interior that parent company Audi is calling the shots. There are leather and soft-touch materials galore, as one might expect, but the switchgear, gauges and multimedia driver interface are all Ingolstadt. Some might bemoan this distillation of Lamborghini's traditional Italian character, but most will appreciate Audi's injection of ergonomic know-how into the Gallardo's cockpit." -- Edmunds
- "Audi's ownership of Lamborghini is evidenced in the Gallardo's superlative fit and finish, with a few upgraded materials sprinkled throughout, such as a new steering wheel and a row of gleaming metal window toggles. It is undeniably a premium-feeling environment-the plebeian, Audi-cribbed infotainment and climate controls notwithstanding-though it remains as sterile as an operating room compared with the F430's loving cockpit." -- Car and Driver
Critics find the Gallardo's seats comfortable and supportive, but complain that its low-slung cabin makes entering and exiting a hassle.
- "Swing open the conventionally hinged doors and a quilted leather interior with deep bucket seats seduces the driver into a classically low-slung position with the steering wheel extending far from the dash for a positively race-carlike feel." -- Road and Track
- "Further advancements can be found in the fundamentally sound driving position and the comfortable and supportive seats. ... [O]nly the most limber drivers will find ingress and egress to their liking -- par for the course in this segment, perhaps, but some competing models provide supercar performance without requiring contortionist antics to get behind the wheel." -- Edmunds
- "Previous Lamborghinis contorted their drivers into a bent and laidback driving position: This one will let you use a tollbooth without getting out of the car." -- Automobile Magazine
- "The seats, which are difficult to get out of, hold you firmly in place. ... Everyone who rode in the LP560-4, ranging in height from 5 feet to 6-foot-4, was comfortable." -- Detroit News
Reviewers like the '09 Gallardo's re-worked gauges and control layout. Edmunds, however, takes issue with its media interface, which resembles Audi's Multi Media Interface (MMI) system.
- "Inside, the 2009 Gallardo features new gauges with a font similar to that used in the Murcielago. The seven switches on the center console have been redesigned for better usability, and they're now textured to appear like knurled aluminum." -- Automobile Magazine
- "Audi-sourced navigation, climate control and audio are well integrated into the broad center console that's topped with a classic hooded-gauge cluster. From the driver's perspective, all the elements of the interior slant forward. It's as if the car had been stretched like taffy, taut over its aluminum skeleton." -- Road and Track
- "[The] multimedia interface leaves something to be desired, as the control knob and accompanying buttons are placed next to the screen rather than near the shifter, requiring altogether too much driver attention given the Gallardo's fearsome capabilities." -- Edmunds
The Gallardo LP560-4 wasn't engineered for hauling items, so Lamborghini doesn't provide cargo dimensions. Critics, however, find that it provides enough room for a weekend getaway's worth of baggage if drivers purchase specially designed luggage from Lamborghini.
- "[S]torage space is negligible..." -- Edmunds
- "[Y]ou can get fitted luggage for the tiny front trunk." -- Automobile Magazine
- "Luggage-well, if you've purchased some luggage from the factory you may have enough room for a weekend. And that, in my opinion is what car is made for. Forget commuting, for that get a Prius. Come Friday afternoon or Saturday morning open the garage, start this baby up and start living." -- The Auto Channel
Next Steps: Lamborghini Gallardo
To get local pricing, enter your zip code: Get Best Price Cancel
- Search used Lamborghini Gallardo for sale (157 listings)
- Find low financing rates for the Lamborghini Gallardo
- See Exotic Sports Cars rankings