2009 Lamborghini Murcielago
2009 Lamborghini Murcielago Interior
This interior review was written when the 2009 Lamborghini Murcielago was new.
The Murcielago's interior features upscale materials, but lacks comfort and cargo room. Reviewers, however, don't seem to mind -- as the Murcielago was only engineered to pamper gear-heads.
- "Though not as flamboyant as the exterior, the interior styling is still befitting a vehicle that commands such a high price of admission." -- Edmunds
- "All Lamborghinis can be customized with carbon-fiber trim as well as other special materials and finishes in the cockpit." -- Forbes
Critics agree that the Murcielago's scissor doors make it difficult to enter and exit the cabin. However, once inside, auto writers disagree over the seats' level of comfort.
- "The roomy cockpit features comfortable seating that, unlike that of past Lambos, won't leave you looking for painkillers after a day's drive." -- Edmunds
- "Who Fits? The scissor doors look cool but it's a toss-up as to whether they ease the difficult entry and exit, especially with the roof in place; the interior is surprisingly accommodating for a two-seat exotic car, though there's little room for belongings and huge blindspots."-- Forbes
- "Even if you manage to duck down, negotiate the scissor doors, and fall over the wide sill without making a slapstick fool of yourself, there's the issue of the driving position. You can't see backward. Your head is shoved to the left by the side rail. The seat is shaped like a hard hammock, relying on your personal fat reserves to provide the padding." -- Motor Trend
Lamborghini allows for drivers to customize their rides. Standard amenities include leather upholstery, a Kenwood CD/MP3 stereo, and navigation system.
- "[I]nside, the cabin is set off by what Lamborghini terms 'asymmetrical' leather, with perforated hides on the driver's side, smooth on the passenger's. If desired, the buyer can specify different colors of leather, right to left." -- Road and Track
The Murcielago is not designed to haul items. AOL Autos reports the sports car only provides for five cubic-feet of cargo space.